Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalbeauty

Reaction score
I have sent many of my therapists on various courses over the years and spent thousands of pounds, I just wish I could train my own staff with my own knowledge and experience although I have no qualifications (in teaching) to do so. Yet in some salons I know, the owners trains their staff without a teaching qualification, why is my experience not enough of a background to be able to train my staff? Is it only the insurance issue?

Can anybody make any suggestions how I can do this without it being a big no no?:?:

Hi, I personally would have thought that you can train your own staff in anything you want to ie your way of wanting things done or further advancing their knowledge. However, if they were to be learning a NEW skill/treatment then yes they would have to go on a recognised certificated and accredited course to ensure that they can be covered under insurance. hth

Mainly, if you want your staff to be insured for a treatment, then they will need to attend an accredited course.

Here at the Guild, we insist that schools who want accreditation hold the relevant teaching qualifications. This is because you could be the most experienced therapist in the world, but the ability to teach is a different skill altogether. A teaching course will give you the best method to impart your knowledge.

How do I get a teaching qualification and what does it involve? Can you get this through the guild or do you need to go to your local college?

Latest posts

Back