Treatment Room Usage Help...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champagne

Reaction score
Hi Geekys

What would you do??

I am getting lots of requests for facials and massage...

Heres my salon set up:

1. I work alone in the salon

2. I have one large, long room with nail desk, sofa & reception to the front.

3. The room is partitioned with blinds, behind this I have my waxing and pedicure area.

4. The are 3 steps that lead up to another room which at the moment is not currently being used for any particular purpose.

5. I have a small area to make tea, further back I have a wet room.

I know that the space is not being used to its maximum & heres my problem:

As I work alone it is difficult to man reception & the door, at the moment when im doing a wax or a pedi I have a sign up 'treatment in progress please ring bell' now this works fine for wax/pedi,as I am in the same room and can leave the client unnatended....Of course I advise them of this before I leave....

If I was to carry out massage & facials in the back room, I would not be able to tend to the door.

Q1.....What would you recommend for signage on door?

or

Should I use the back room for tanning and pedi and forget the facials/massage which I really dont want to do....

I am not in a position as yet to have anyone else work with me as I am only 8 months in and am still building & am quite liking doing it myself with no staff hassles, although some days I feel like I need 4 people there lol

Any advice from salon owners who work alone would be great.

Many thanks Geekys x

Hi,

If I were you I would rent out the back room to a therapist on the understanding that you do the waxing, manicures and pedicures.
That way inbetween her clients she will be able to man reception, which will help you out!

Hope that helps

Love Emma x:hug:x

Thanks Emma, I had thought of that one Emma......But I think its unlikely that someone will rent a room just to do the odd treatment.....I wouldnt..

Not sure Im ready to have anyone else with me at the moment ..... I kind of like it the way it is.....

Its more the door issue that I would like some ideas thrown xx

How about offering a beauty student work experience? that way you get reception covered as well as an extra pair of hands, plus well trained future staff.

Thanks........ Again.....I did do this with a level 2 student.....she didnt turn in on the 3rd day as was poorly.....

I really would like to stay on my own for now......

There must be others in the same boat, that get around the door/reception issue somehow????

Hi

I work alone - I have a desk in the reception area for manis/pedis a room for facials/waxing/massage and a room for spray tanning. I keep my door locked when treating clients & I dont answer it ever - even if doing mani pedis in reception (no one can see me if they come to the door) I have a sign up saying I am busy with a treatment and to please call me I havent as far as I know lost any business this way and regular clients especially know to call me. hth:hug:

Yes I was thinking along those lines ... A sign with my number on it for them to leave a message ???? .....

Any other ideas ?

Hi Champagne, we have a wee notice that says " Relaxing treatment in progress please call.....Thanks..."
with our names under it - just the one room too with a small reception (big window tho so looks like we are shut!) we usually put it outside of door - when it's inside people tend to try and batter the door down - not v relaxin!, but at least they know they can phone and leave a message or pop back in about an hour. Works well if there's just 1 of us in x hth

That sounds nice ....... thanks for that x

what about having a generic sign saying

Treatment in progress, please call back later or ring for an appointment on

077*********************

and then underneath have a little blackboard which you could chalk in the time that you would be available

ie
I will be busy until "2.30" if you wish to call back.

I did this at health fayres, I would chalk in the time that I was next available, and would leave a book for people to book out appointments too.

So you could leave a book with a pen and ask people to leave a message and their contact details for YOU to get back to THEM.

Yes I could do something like that.....Im a village location so it would be fine to do that....

I used to work in a salon that put out a whiteboard sign and pen attached on the reception desk. It had a table on it where they could fill out their name, number, treatment request and time/date.

How about getting one of those perspex outdoor brochure holders with a lid & put price lists in and paper/pencil for messages. You could also make up some laminated signs to fit it with the appropiate wording ie. Treatment in progress please leave message & contact details.
Or Treatment in progress please call back at ...... Or whatever!
I plan to do this with my Home Salon i'm planning HTH:)

I too would rent out the back room to a therapist. Get her to advertise for the treatments she will be doing. I know you want to work on your own but you have to think of the money and meeting your clients needs x

Latest posts

Back