Treatments and products from back in the day thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 90's me black hair & 2 bottles of sunin 1 summer....Orange fried hair much!
-95= hairschool= we would save our cigarette ashes to make color remover
-Foils were just hitting Canada.They tried to teach us with a piece of cardboard to put your foil on b4 applying color.....or you could get the cap & crochet hook torture.

-Fanciful rinses....white minx

-product=gel or hairspray that smelled like senior citizen, mousse was all the rage...joico ice whip

-brylcreem

-vent brushes were called skeleton brushes

-perm solution with flour mixed in for weight to make chemical straightener

-koolaid & warm h20 to make color paste for hair

-elmers glue for mohawks

Cap highlights. ooooouuuuuccccchhhhh:cry:

This thread is fab, I'm older than you lot by sounds of it but it got me thinking,getting ready for a night out late 80's style = a couple of half hour sessions on sun bed during the week, topped up with coty sun shimmer, pale coloured out fit (peach was my fave!) with matching plastic beads and earrings,white high heels and bag,hair back combed to death using insette hair spray,blue mascara and pink lipstick. Round to my mates for a drink before we went into town which was usually a couple of glasses of martini and a can of red stripe! Then taboo and lemonade in town. Ha ha ha memories!!!!

City and guilds Electrolysis was interesting in 1980.No disposable needles,everyone used the same ones,that were sanitised in dettol and put in a uv cabinet.

Then before you used it you would turn the current up full and run your tweezers up and down with the foot pedal down.This would sterilise the needle :|.

Hopefully your partner would then remember to turn the current back down before she started practicing on you.

There is nothing on here i havent worn, done, bought or remembered lol. Literally everything sounds like me 10-15 years ago. Funny thing is its all coming back now. Chunky heels, jelly sandals, timberland heels, halter tops with metal rings, coke can fringes. Iv seen most of it come back in the last 3-4 years. I guess most fashions repeat themselves in some shape or form. Hopefully not all at the same time though.. Lol

After my brief punk phase, I remember having bleached (40 vol & heat!) cropped hair aka Annie Lennox style in the 80's. I used to spray my damp hair with ton of hairspray and let it dry in so it would stay spikey all night.

I'd dye it reddy pink with food colouring sometimes which was fine as long as it didn't rain.

Latest posts

Back