Treatments for children and CRB checks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KattyB

Reaction score
Just been reading a post about childrens parties in the salon offering nail treatments, make-up etc and it got me thinking.....

Although I have not done a childrens birthday party yet I have had two girls, aged 12 visit my salon for a file and polish on there own however one of the mums did pop in during the treatment to see how they were getting on. I have also done a spray tan on a girl age 15 (although she looked about 21!) who's mum booked her in for the treatment and she came to the salon with her step-dad but has since been back on her own. also an EBS on a 12 yr old but her mum and sister were also there in the room.

It has never entered my head to get a CRB check done for insurance purposes etc until I read this other post where someone suggests it.

How many other therapists out there have done this? How many of you carry out treatments on children, i.e under 16 without a parent present or without parental permission?

The problem is that some girls look so much older than their real age and when clients book over the phone you can't ask if they are all over 16 as it is insulting!!! How do others overcome this? Am I over reacting? Any advice would be much appreciated

Hi Honey

Here in Scotland we do a thing called disclosure Scotland which everyone must have when working with children under the age of 16.

Hope this helps:hug:

Latest posts

Back