trendy nail wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellie xx

Reaction score
Helloooo,im just wondering if you can use an led nail lamp to heat the trendy nail wraps or do you have to use the little hairdryer??

Just to let everyone know in case they are reading my post ~ with trendy nail wraps you need to use the hairdryer to heat them although it doesnt have to be their brand of hairdryer!i dont know about the infra red lamp ~ i think that would look more professional tbh but not sure how much one would be??also how big the lamp would be for storage?but just to confirm,an led lamp would not work.
Hope thats helped someone as well as me!xx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Its about heat not light. So in effect any heat source would work. I find it difficult to understand how any tech manages with a hair dryer, number one it looks tacky, number two how do you stop everything blowing all over the place!?

Infra red lamps are pretty cheap, Ikea and other places do cheap halogen desk and clip on lamps that give out enough heat for nail wraps. I've tried most brands and they all work with my halogen lamp. Go somewhere where they are on display and you can put your hand near and feel the heat yourself.

Thank you lucy.i have been looking on ikeas website and cant find it.how big is your lamp?how long do you heat the wraps up for before putting on to your clients nails and how long do you clients nails go under the lamp for?

sent from my droid phone

It would be worth you going to somewhere like Ikea so that you can feel the heat yourself.

The one I use is a small clamp on black lamp which I find ideal and looks professional. I can clamp it on to the metal arms of my normal lamp over my desk. I can also clamp it to the small table I use for all my pedi products and tools. The lamp only costs around £5 so they might not even have it on their website!

The hands/feet just need to be warmish. With all the wraps I've tried you heat them until they go floppy. Try it a few times on your own feet, you will soon get the hang of it.

Thank you lucy,i will be getting myself off to ikea asap and practising on my toes like theres no tomorrow!i practised with the hairdryer and i have to say i am already very impressed as i think they have been on for just over 2 weeks with no evidence of budging yet! But as you say,i think the infra red lamp looks more professional.
Thank you for your help!xx

sent from my samsung galaxy phone

Latest posts

Back