Trick or Treaters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you give treats to Trick or Treaters?

• Yes, I always give treats

Votes: 206 66.5%
  • No, I ignore the doorbell

Votes: 87 28.1%
  • I do something different

Votes: 17 5.5%

• Total voters

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
Do you give sweets to Trick or Treaters, Ignore the doorbell or do something different?

when we lived in UK I used to have a big bag of sweets on the stairs ready for dishing out, don't have to worry about that now we're out in the sticks lol.

what do you guys do?

My mate chucked flour out her window on one tonight lmao. wasnt a little kid though, was like a 17 yr old!

lmao, serve him right then :twisted:

My 14 year old returned about an hour ago from trick or treating! He came back with a carrier bag full of sweets and GUESS who's eating them! :p

I cant believe the amount of stuff he got. He said some people just opened the door, then slammed it! Think him and his friends got like 4 quid too! :D

Lol, I have got fake blood all over my face and have got an old white top on with fake blood all over - I got a bit excited about it this year! One little boy came to the door and stood there with his mouth open for a minute and then said really sweetly "are you alright?" I laughed and said I will be! His sister said "you look really scary"! Had a bit of fun! I always have loads of sweets and treats for them when they come. xx

The rain must have kept them in in Plymouth, I only had one knocker, so I have a big bag of lollies to eat now:D

I always offer a basket of sweets or fruit (some actually take a piece of fruit!). It worries me not to knowing what kids can get up to these days!!! I really don't want a firework through my letterbox or dogpoo on my door handle :(

Treats all round lol!!

:cry:

kateyork1 said:
One little boy came to the door and stood there with his mouth open for a minute and then said really sweetly "are you alright?" /QUOTE]

PMSL!

I always have sweets too! I had about good 6 or 7 callers and I'm happy about that...:D

No trick or treaters here either. What a shame there's a big bag of sweets with only me to eat them...:D

I have always had a large bowl of sweets - mini size Mars, Snickers etc. Having little kids myself I expect visitors. What really gets me though is the big ones that come round later - sometimes as late as 9pm and don't even attempt to dress up.

Our local Police this year has a campaign where you can download a poster that says No Trick or treat - please do not disturb.

My kids went out to our pre-arranged neighbours and that was all. I then placed the poster in the window about 7.30 when mine were going to bed and thankfully we have had no more visitors or any trouble.

No one came to mine either! Think my road is too far out the way for them lol!

My youngest went trick ot treating he came back with so many sweets. One lady gave hima jelly lolly shaped like dracula and another gave him some ghosts shaped sweets. It nice when people like the children calling.
Saying that I dont believe in them knocking at houses of old people, some of them can get frightened especially by teenagers.

the best halloween i ever had was when i was about 13 me and my friend stayed in and dressed up, lit candles plated spookey music etc so when the kids come to the door they were really surprised! we made a box and filled it with spaghetti hoops if they put thier hand in and found the plastic spider they would get a bag of sweets as thier treat! it was great fun!

I have a wicked bowl which always comes out at Halloween, it has a green hand in the middle of it which has a light sensor in it and moves when the kids go to take a bar of chocolate and at the same time a scary voice comes out "want some candy?" - you should see them jump!

I love "trick or treat" and our kids love to dress up, carve pumpkins and do apple bobbing. What I don't appreciate is the big kids who pelt our cars with eggs for the sheer hell of it.

PMSL at some of these replies. They are great!!

Round my area before 5pm the real little ones go around trick or treating - so im ready at the door with my big bowl of sweets. The neighbours who dont mind the T or T'ers put pumpkins out or skulls, spiders in the windows.

My youngest went out as dracula this year got a fab outfit from sainsbury's did his hair and make up - looked pretty scary!

Made his night when he frightened the lady at the end, boy did she give him a fright last year. Knocked on her door she jumped out with the scream mask on making funny noises while holding a hot dog for him, he looked screamed then cried while trying to get away, he was in such a state bless him. He would never go near her house because of this. Until tonight, she made his day. PMSL. Not indoors 10 mins and he was out for the count.

It is lovely when kids can do this and so much fun.

Take care xx

my little one had 2 different outfits on today........he was dressed as a cow this morning but yip you've guessed it....he puked all over himself :irked:
got him changed into his incredible hulk outfit at tea time, took him into my mums neighbours and yip you've guessed it....he puked all over himself and also on their livingroom carpet :o

he did look quite cute though....its not every day you see a 7month old incredible hulk....lol

stanleyann

stanleyann said:
my little one had 2 different outfits on today........he was dressed as a cow this morning but yip you've guessed it....he puked all over himself :irked:
got him changed into his incredible hulk outfit at tea time, took him into my mums neighbours and yip you've guessed it....he puked all over himself and also on their livingroom carpet :o

he did look quite cute though....its not every day you see a 7month old incredible hulk....lol

stanleyann
Aah, should've taken him trick or treating Stanleyann, you would've come back with loads of goodies!

I usually have a party for halloween for the kids, so we generally frighten the life out of anyone that comes knocking. I agree with Fiona though, i think there are too many teenagers in groups of about 8 :eek: who hardly make any effort to dress up, i think it should be reserved for the younger kids! Mind you a group of 8 teenagers hardly need to dress up to be frightening, lol!

I actually did a ghost hunt round the woods this year for something different with clues a long the way, and at each stop they got a toy or some sweets as well as a clue. At the end i have got one of these ghosts that work by sensor and just as they spotted something hanging in the branch it lit up, moved up and down making eerie sounds. Everyone screamed, including the adults!

To be honest, i think i was the one more frightened, i was going ahead placing the clues all on my own in the dark eerie woods....think i might just go back to having a party at home next year;)

We had loads last night and I ran out of sweets! Then the teenagers arrived at the door and I thought hell what do I do? I don't want eggs pelted at me! Anyway turns out they were here to see Nats ... she's now joined the Funtley Crew!

Sass - whats the Funtley Crew? xx

We live in a village called Funtley!

Latest posts

Back