Tried Rockstar for the 1st time, Love it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
These look lovely. Dud u use the v3 or v2 method! Love the blue colour on 2nd photo is that shellac or glitter? Can't zoom in on my iPod! I have still got to try Rockstar nails! Need to order more shellac top coat so I've got 1 set aside for Rockstar nails!

I just put a bit on the back of a plastic-backed wipe and use a different brush. Works great.

these look so good, i have been trying to find some where that tells you step by step type thing, but finding it hard to find(also not beeing good at computers does not help) hoe do you do it? it looks so good and i no it will be a big hit :)
x

There is a few different ways of doing it but I'll tell u how I did :) okay so after doing ur PEP work, apply the base coat and cure for 10 seconds, apply ur colour coat (best to use a sheer colour, I used negligee) and tap glitter into the nail, then tap the finger to let access glitter fall, press glitter gently down then cure for 2 mins, after this brush finger and around cuticle area to remove glitter from around it, then apply your top coat, cure for 2 mins, I do this twice to get a smooth finish, then remove sticky with alcohol :)

thank you, i will give this a try today :) so exciting xx

thank you so much gave it a go at the weekend and its fab and not as hard as i thought it was going to be, thank you agen :)

No worries at all! I was the same, it's good to know it's easy after doing it once :)

Hi guys

i know this might sound stupid...but i have seen all these gorgeous pictures of rockstar nails..but what are they..how are they applied... Is it like shellac???

Pls help want to know what they are ??

Hi guys

i know this might sound stupid...but i have seen all these gorgeous pictures of rockstar nails..but what are they..how are they applied... Is it like shellac???

So sorry i just saw your post! Yes these are done with shellac but other products like Gel and Acrylic can be used :) for glitter tips i use acrylic! x

WOW... myself and my clients are so very impressed with rockstar nails! they are lovely! any tips or tricks? iv been following finger nail fixer and just followed the steps... very easy and affective!
269712_170197973047823_134694419931512_412296_6926771_n.jpg
And i also added Konad for something i havnt done before
267822_170197689714518_134694419931512_412295_3124670_n.jpg
:)

yours looks so nice and think(i mean the glitter is more dimensional) whats your technique? i find that using a brush gets it on there but the glitter doesnt wow me enough.. i must be really picky haha

yours looks so nice and think(i mean the glitter is more dimensional) whats your technique? i find that using a brush gets it on there but the glitter doesnt wow me enough.. i must be really picky haha

Yeah i didnt like the brush method either! My method is further up but basically i tap it onto the wet shellac, cure, brush access off and add top coat curex2 but my full method is on an earlier comment :) lol hth!

Yeah i didnt like the brush method either! My method is further up but basically i tap it onto the wet shellac, cure, brush access off and add top coat curex2 but my full method is on an earlier comment :) lol hth!

I picked up a fab tip from one of the Geeks on here. If you do a layer Clearly Pink which is basically clear, and then top coat you can save a Clearly Pink bottle as your 'glitter' polish (cheaper than a top coat) and you also only have one layer of top coat to remove when the time comes, so it should be the same time as usual to remove.

Cheers...:cool:

hi all, im new to nails, can someone explain what rock star nails are? and how you do them ,they look great! ty :cool:

Hi guys

As it's already been said before, Rockstar nails can be done with Shellac and Gels. You basically lay down your base coat and cure it. Then put on a thin layer of your colour coat and cure then into the sticky layer of the colour you place the glitter, apply top coat and cure. Repeat topcoat if necessary.

There are two techniques to applying the glitter. Either sprinkling from the container or using a dry brush and 'rubbing' it in to the tacky layer.

Here's some links to similar threads that you may be interested in.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/145715-rockstar-toes-post-your-pics-too.html

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/162432-what-method-do-you-use-apply-glitter.html

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/162398-what-exactly-rockstar-nails.html

Latest posts

Back