Trouble at work - receptionist!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stargazer310

Reaction score
Does anyone else agree with me that the receptionist is not our "boss"
and superior but our helper and partner in the salon. Mine is a condescending terror and more than a few don't like her. She flies off the
handle often. I am so pissed!!! In a commission situation when we are
independent contractors we do not need to be treated like dirt by our
receptionist. :rolleyes:

My husband hates those kind of receiptionists and calls them the Gatekeepers!!! as he's sure they think it's their job to keep people out.

Karaxxx

Have a chat with the other independent contractors/other employees in the salon.

If the others feel as strongly as you then stand together and united to try to do something about the situation.

Either approach the receptionist together or all of you go to the person that employs the receptionist. If it is not just you that is having issues then your united concerns should have greater weight in trying to have the issue resolved.

She only behaves like that because she is allowed to. If you're not happy with how she's doing her job speak to her manager. Keep a log of what she does, when she does it, and how it's adversely affecting your business and the reputation of the salon as a whole. Any business owner worth their salt is not going to want to keep someone if they are a threat to their business.

She only behaves like that because she is allowed to.

EXACTLY.
Don't stand for it. Not for 10sec's longer. It's innapropriate, the fashion that she's treating people. Speak to the actual 'boss'. It really should be his/her place to sort it out.
IF she is employed directly by the contractors and you therefor are her boss, then you can all hold a meeting with her and straighten her out.

hth's

Latest posts

Back