Trouble client, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumdeebum

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I'm in need of some help a I'm unsure what to do! I had a text message 2 days ago from a client saying there was still glue in her hair ( i removed her extensions over a month ago) i told if she wants to pop up to have a look or she can try to get the little glue out herself, so i told her to just cover the area in conditioner and leave so it the glue will soften up or if that doesn't work to pit a little acetone on so that would def work! i then had no reply for 2 days! until today i had the mother texting me with abuse saying i was useless and was taking me to the papers! i tried phoning her but no answer but the texts kept coming! when I removed them she also got a full set of highlights and cut on that same day, she left and everything seemed to be fine so i def know i removed all hair n bonds as i would manage to do this service!! today i get a hair dresser phoned me saying that my client was sitting in her seat with a full head of glue bonds in her hair, and that her mum was saying that I had made her daughter pay and that they have been trying to contact me. which I have never had a phone call or text until 2 days ago! Now tonight I have just been on my Facebook page And the daughter has just wrote a massive comment about how bad a hairdresser I was!i know that I def took all the bonds out of her hair so I'm unsure why a hairdresser would say she has a full head of bonds! Especially since I removed them over a month ago! What should I do??? Sorry for the long story guys!! Totally stressed, as this is the only client which has ever come back to me with a problem within ten years for my hairdressing experience xx

I'm a little unsure why you would recommend a client to use acetone on her own hair?

I agree with Bluerinse about the dodgy advise to use acetone. It's a bit like telling a client to do a home bleach bath because they don't like the colour.

If there's a problem, you should always ask them to return so that you can asses the problem properly and then offer an appropriate solution/advice. You can't really advise when you haven't had an opportunity to review the situation.

Also, I don't understand why another hairdresser would bother to phone you at all? That makes no sense to me. Whatever you did/didn't do has nothing to do with them.

Facebook, pah! I don't go there. It's an open invitation for nastiness in my opinion and it seems that this sort of harassment is becoming far too common these days. You'll just have to ignore it.

Live and learn and don't let it get you down.

i may well be wrong but is it possible that she's had her hair done by someone else since you removed her extensions and has gotten you confused with that stylist?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

First observation would be to never ever advise a client to carry out any kind of diy job.

Do you have a signed agreement in place?

I also find it strange that a month has passed since you last communicated with the client and she has now complained that there are still traces of the bonds in her hair.

Don't get into a verbal slanging match on facebook remain professional at all times.

If you have her address, perhaps it would be worth writing a letter to your client using dates/times as reference points in a report type format and await her response? I would also take screen shots of the message typed on your facebook page in case you need them at any point in the future.

Perhaps contact trading standards and ask their advice on how to proceed in this matter, they are there to provide information/advice for the service provider as well as the consumer.

I hope this helps?

Hi geeks, I'm in need of some help a I'm unsure what to do! I had a text message 2 days ago from a client saying there was still glue in her hair ( i removed her extensions over a month ago) i told if she wants to pop up to have a look or she can try to get the little glue out herself, so i told her to just cover the area in conditioner and leave so it the glue will soften up or if that doesn't work to pit a little acetone on so that would def work! i then had no reply for 2 days! until today i had the mother texting me with abuse saying i was useless and was taking me to the papers! i tried phoning her but no answer but the texts kept coming! when I removed them she also got a full set of highlights and cut on that same day, she left and everything seemed to be fine so i def know i removed all hair n bonds as i would manage to do this service!! today i get a hair dresser phoned me saying that my client was sitting in her seat with a full head of glue bonds in her hair, and that her mum was saying that I had made her daughter pay and that they have been trying to contact me. which I have never had a phone call or text until 2 days ago! Now tonight I have just been on my Facebook page And the daughter has just wrote a massive comment about how bad a hairdresser I was!i know that I def took all the bonds out of her hair so I'm unsure why a hairdresser would say she has a full head of bonds! Especially since I removed them over a month ago! What should I do??? Sorry for the long story guys!! Totally stressed, as this is the only client which has ever come back to me with a problem within ten years for my hairdressing experience xx

Thanks for all the advice guys hopefully will have this resolved! In my opinion she has had them done else where and its went wrong and I'm getting the blame! I've again had text messages from the mother tonight! I have been very professional, explaining dates times etc! I know I maybe shouldn't have told her to do the acetone but she did only say there is a little glue in her hair and I did say use conditioner first since she wouldn't come up so I could sort problem! The text messages are so rude and I feel angry and stressed and now feeling like I did something wrong but I know for a fact I did not leave her hair in such bad condition! I think I will go to trading standards and ask advice! I am fully qualified and the hairdresser was asking this and if i have been trained properly ! I'm a home salon and now I'm worried that she knows where I am! Stressed.com xxx

How do you know for sure it was another hairdresser? It could have been one of her mates!

I had 2 missed calls from a number on my work phone so I thought it was a client and I phoned back and it was def a hairdressers! The message I got tonight was the she had to pay £57 pounds to have them removed today and it took 3 hours! Also that the hairdresser said that it def wasn't new bonds and was older bonds left in the hair!! I removed all bonds and hair so I could do a full head highlights and cut, I would never get a comb through the hair if there was so much glue left in it!! She's saying that she is only a child and I should be the adult! I think in being more of and adult that the mother to be honest!! In the 10 years of hairdressing I've never had anyone be so rude and aggressive towards me! For someone to come back after 4 weeks later to then say something was wrong isn't right! God u don't get a refund on clothes for over a month lol x

Contact the police if the texts r abusive x

If I get anymore I think I'm going to! She says she is going further with the situation but to be honest she has no proof that she was even here apart from a few text messages and my appointment in my book but she was booked in for extension removal and colour! I just don't understand how it's taken 4 weeks for someone to say there is glue still in my hair!??? No one would ever leave it 4 weeks if there was glue in there hair! Maybe a week but not 4 almost 5 x

Message her back saying that you will be taking all text messages etc to the police and they will be issuing her with a harassment order. Explain that you shall no longer be replying to bullying tactics and that you are confident enough in your own abilities that If she decides to consider legal action then all contact can be via correct and official channels

Message her back saying that you will be taking all text messages etc to the police and they will be issuing her with a harassment order. Explain that you shall no longer be replying to bullying tactics and that you are confident enough in your own abilities that If she decides to consider legal action then all contact can be via correct and official channels

That's really good advice thank you! I have asked her 4 times to stop texting and both of them to delete my number! I've now stopped replying. I just don't know how many times I can write how come its tool 4 weeks for her to contact me! I would actually love to go to her house and confront them cause they can't even pick up the phone to talk! It's all text messages! Shows who's being adult and professional! You've all been a big help thanks very much! Just hope that's it stopped now and I here no more! Sooo childish x

One of my clients text me and asked me how to take her hair extensions out, I just text back and said make an appointment with me!

If she had glue in her hair you would never have been able to colour and cut her hair. I have no idea what she is doing!!

If she has left a nasty message, just delete the message and block her.

One of my clients text me and asked me how to take her hair extensions out, I just text back and said make an appointment with me!

If she had glue in her hair you would never have been able to colour and cut her hair. I have no idea what she is doing!!

If she has left a nasty message, just delete the message and block her.

The nasty comment is on her page so I can't delete but to be honest I'm really not that bothered anymore! I know I have done a good job and she left with her highlights and so happy! No comments have been made on her page about the comment so I know that all of my clients know its not true! I just can't believe how nasty people can be and completely lie! I've tried contacting them over the phone to talk but no answer so I think they are all hard and nasty through texts as don't want to talk as they know the truth! In the 10 years of my job I've never had such a nasty comment or person speak about me!! I'm def going to get written forms for clients to sign for back up! I've never needed it before but after this hassle think I'm going to have too!! Any ideas what to get written on it? X

if its on her page you could report it? never done this before but it may be removed then. I bet your so stressed! keep calm and stay professional, some people just like to cause trouble, they aren't worth it. deffinatly report this to the police if it continues. And as for them not answering the phone, it can't be at all as bad as they are making out or they would want to confront you! cowards! hope this gets sorted asap!!! x

Latest posts

Back