Trouble with a client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Client has had a perm and it took really nicely, I used the softest perm but still took well. She phone the salon two weeks later complaining it was like a ball of frizz, she came in and I asked if she had done anything with it after shampooing she said no... To me for hair to look nice you have to style it? Is the perm not right or should she be styling it? Anyway I gave her a free conditioning treatment and trim and talked her through styling and how to get it to look nice. She liked it when she left but came in for six week trim and was complaining again but she said that she still hasn't been styling it after shampooing or blowdrying it? She has long hair, what shall I do? Is there anything I can do?

I dont do perming but I think with any curly hair you need to put something on it to stop it looking fluffy!
Everytime she mentions it I'd remind her of that.
Have you got a product you could sell her to use at home? Xx

It's her fault for not styling it! I can imagine exactly what it looks like as I had a perm a few years ago, a dry, frizzy mess. Could you not advise her to atleast use some mousse if she wants to do the minimum? At least then it will have a bit of moisture and texture!

Alot of people just rough dry there hair after washing it and that makes it look frizzy. What rollers did you use? Does she put any products on it? X

Is she leaving the hair to dry naturally? Or blow drying it ( so is it curly when dry or what was known as breeze blow dried around a brush) Ask her if she is brushing or coming the hair when dry ( if left curly) as it will course it to frizz and fluff !
Advise mousse in either drying instance as will stop frizz and advise no brushes or combs! It's amazing what people will admit to doing with their perms !
Funny how she was gonna complain when the trim was due!!

Good luck

Sally

What size rod did you use?

she might be roughly drying her hair with a towel, who knows? if she let it dry naturally with some mouse on it would look great. Clients get carried away with blowdrying too vigorously and towel drying roughly handling the hair. We all try so hard but we never know exactly what the customer does when they leave.

Alot of people just rough dry there hair after washing it and that makes it look frizzy. What rollers did you use? Does she put any products on it? X

Sorry to butt in but just have to say I love your Avatar, Mama has two sub woofers....LOL

I have naturally spiral curly hair, I straighten it now but years ago I used to wash it, and scrunch dry it with a towel (head upside down) then apply a moose, again scrunching it in, I then left it to dry about 80% and applied hair spray, it was never frizzy an was a nice crisp curl, easiest and quickest way to style it without having to style it if you know what I mean :)

Latest posts

Back