Trouble with client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missytinny

Reaction score
:Scared: :Scared: Oh my god i feel like im always taking ten steps forward and ten thousand steps back!!!, Im new on the scene in a salon after a big break of passing my foundation course, when I started there was the normal problems, taking forever to do a set, and the sculpting (well the sculpting) lol, working to thick then to thin, you know all the norm...... Well anyhow after practise and patience i was quietly (very quietly) getting confident my clients are going three weeks (most of them for there maintenance), but there is one or two - ok two, that i just cant crack there coming back a week later lifting or cracking my boss and I have covered everything prep, leaving the gap, I just cant get my head round it, I was so happy today as one of my clients was ill so missed her 3 week apointment and had gone six and they where all still on. The only thing is this lady and the other lady I have problems have small nail beds, im just getting so fed up as I think I have cracked it and poof in she comes!!!! So all you nail geeks waht the hell am i doing wrong??? Could i be working to thin....... oh goodness me will i ever be any good - ...lol ......I know practise and patience

you cant win im all just carry on you always will get a client like that its alwaks what they do ,not you ,so dont beat yourself up over it ,as long as you know your prep is good and the rest of your work i have been doing nail for years and you will always get one ,so take heart practice your sculps and you will win Diana The hair and Nail Corridor xxxxx

Bless you lets hope I just get so stressed as nearly all my clents are happy with my work, they have stuck with me while im getiing better and better, mind you it could be the fact that im a cheeky devil and talk for england and listen to all there problems and sometimes quite lively stories!!

Hang in there luv..
If you have several clients doing well, and and not experiencing a tonne of lift and what not... then the odd duck that comes in all busted up is more likely guilty herself of not caring for her enhancements.

I KNOW I've got my application 'down'. No pocket lift on me or any of my 'well behaved' regulars. Zero lift, etc.. I've got several that will go 4 (and one even goes 6 - she has slow growth) between fills and STILL show no lift.

Then I get the odd one that INSISTS she's wearing gloves and that she already has oil at home that's she's using and blah blah..
and oh yeah.. lift, pocket lifting and breaks :rolleyes: and I can see that force must have been applied at some point, etc...

I have another that refuses to purchase cuticle oil from me or even the pharmacy. I explained all the benefits, how it works.. how different oils are good and others are bad, blah blah.
she wants to use 'olive oil' Ok,.. whatever.
Then 3wks later (she refuses to come sooner) comes in with mega lift, pocket lifting and breakage. I said did you wear gloves while house cleaning? No. Did you wear gloves while gardening and landscaping (she had a landsaping project lined up)? No. Did you use cuticle oil? No. What did you use? Baby Oil..

WHAT??? SHE USED BABY OIL.
I wanted to throttle her. I explained it all again, etc..
Anyway....

There's always a few that no matter what you do....

dont bang your head against a wall hun, you'll just get a nasty headache, and they'll come in the next time with the same problems LOL

Hang in there

hugs:Love:

As everyone has said, these 2 clients problems do not make you a 'not good' nail technician.

Your life as a tech will be miserable and constantly anxious if you take situations like this to heart so.

Yes, try and problem solve IF their is a problem, but if it is the same old thing with a teensie minority of clients, then accept it and stop stressing.

By the way, small nail plates of themselves, do not cause nail enhancements to lift!!

i'm trying to think why a small nail bed could be a problem.

are the tips too long for the tiny bed.
are you finding it difficult to build a stress area because there is less room to work in.
is your application too thick around the cuticle because you are stuck for space to taper it down ?

it sounds like you have covered all the possibilities and it could be the client as the others have said. i'm just trying to toss a few possibilities around.

Thank you all so much for your replies it is so apreciated, my boss said to me to stop putting myself down. The first time my special client came back I felt so down but picked myself up and tryed again, but now when she comes back I put on my smile (when really inside there are a few choice words going on!!) and just try again, as for tips it is a natural overlay or if she has broken the nail I have sculpted and tipped but still the lifting, as for bieng to thick I think it is working to thin and I have such a big hangup about leaving a gap and trying to make it disapear in zone 3. It is so refreshing to hear from major talented nail techs that it happens to them, and I would just like to say how lovely you all are and many thanks for all your help, and I will keep plonding on!! Oh one last thing do you think it would make a difference to invest in a smaller brush for my ladies with small beds I use creative pro sculpter at the mo. x

missytinny said:
Oh one last thing do you think it would make a difference to invest in a smaller brush for my ladies with small beds I use creative pro sculpter at the mo. x

No I don't. You need the pressure of the larger brush to really set the product onto the nail. Without pressure the product will lift for sure. A larger brush also creates smoothness which creates less finishing. Just realize you Will never win with every client every time.

Latest posts

Back