Trouble with lashes falling out. Help a newbie please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
Hi lash geeks.

I'm new to lashes and haven't done loads, but a good 10 sets or more.

Saturday I had a new client who had lashes with someone else and had no issues. I did her lashes and although the lash stuck at first, later when I brushed, some came out. This happened a couple of times. Obviously I filled them, but I was a bit stumped.

Today my client rang and said a lot had fallen out. I've booked her in on Thursday to infill free of charge.

What happened? I did my mum 2 days before and hers are ok. Client had no make up on.

Help please? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Did you prime her lashes and be sure that they were 100% dry before applying new lashes?
Has she not gotten lashes wet for 24hours after, and not used oily products on them.

I think its good that you are fixing them up for free but just be warned that the majority of people are lovely but seem people do lie about following aftercare and previous experiences. So dont let it make you feel sad about your work. You will get to know those who are trying to take advantage.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou, I really appreciate that. You've made me feel much better.

I'm sure the primer was dry. I wondered if it was my glue but its lasted on others fine.

She said she didn't wear any make up or get them wet.

I'm really not sure. Hopefully she's exaggerating a little and its not that bad.

I'm wondering if she maybe had moisturiser on her lashes or something.

Do you usually cleanse the eye area before application? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldnt think it was your fault or the glue since your other lashes have lastest.

I would make it clear to her that some natural lashes are reaching the end stage of growth anyway and are ready to fall out anyway.. explain the three growth cycles etc

Also most people see 1-3 lashes and are like "omg all my lashes are coming out! " they dont get that its not huge in the scheme of things.

Also ask her if when the lashes are falling out if they are attached to a natural lash or not. If they are not attached to a natural lash, it may be that you havent used enough glue :)

I only cleanse the lashes if I can see obvious mascara or makeup residue. But I am very strict with my ladies, they know I dont have time to be cleaning mascara off their lashes. So I just do a quick prime, dry and start lashing.

Sorry if ive left anything out!

Oops lasted* sorry am brain dead today

Another thing is to ask whether she may have slept on them - I had a client that did this and most came out from one eye. Ask her some probing questions and ask for pics straight away. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back