Trouble with orange based gels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nzgrooverider

Reaction score
I've been having real trouble with some orange based gel polishes from OPI and Cuccio. It sometimes wrinkles up while curing then scrapes clean off. Is this common across alot of brands? Even curing it for a whole minute makes no difference. It only happens with the orange colours. I've been using gel polish for about a year and this has been an ongoing problem

I've been having real trouble with some orange based gel polishes from OPI and Cuccio. It sometimes wrinkles up while curing then scrapes clean off. Is this common across alot of brands? Even curing it for a whole minute makes no difference. It only happens with the orange colours. I've been using gel polish for about a year and this has been an ongoing problem

Hi,
I don't use either of the brands you mentioned, but one of the reasons I use CND Shellac is that every colour cures completely when cured for 2 minutes in the CND lamp, no matter if the colour is dark, light, shimmery, creme, gloss, opaque or sheer every CND Shellac formula is unique in order to guarantee perfect cure every time no matter the colour.

(P.s, i am just back from New Zealand, my first time, I loved it! CND is represented in NZ by CreativeNZ, Home | Creative Nails New Zealand)

I have Gelish orange cream and I don't get that problem, how strange.

Usually wrinkling is caused by the product being applied too thickly. This can happen with every brand. Try just applying those colours in thinner coats.

I have 4 oranges and not had problem xx

Latest posts

Back