Trouble with SJK extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pollarln

Reaction score
Hi all, I ordered from SJK extensions since hearing some good about them and being unhappy with a previous supplier. I ordered 200 strands of straight #1 black AAAAA (Krystal Hair) hair. The next day I ordered 25 strands of straight #99J (light blonde) AAAAA (Krystal Hair) hair to do ombre colored pieces. The first order was received 2 weeks later, installed, and we are not happy with it. Since the install, 1 or 2 bonds have slipped out every day just from a light brushing, there is more shedding than should be, and one odd thing noticed was when I cut the extensions to blend with her natural hair, the inside shaft of the hair was almost silver, with black just coating the hair. It's been a week and it looks like a cheap wig. Moroccan Oil shampoo and conditioner is being used, as well as Moroccan Oil. No other products are being used. She is braiding her hair at night and is following all aftercare properly. This brand honestly feel like Donna Bella hair, but with a worse bond. Has anyone has this problem? Any suggestions? I've contacted the company an they want me to send them a few strands "for testing" which I am hesitant to do. For one, I would rather not spend any more money with this- I've already lost the money I paid for everything because the extensions will have to be replaced as soon as possible. Second, (as stated below), the second order is lost and I could see that happening to these.

Also, I have yet to receive the second order. It's been 3 weeks. Tracking shows USPS has had it in Chicago for a while, but 3 weeks is excessive. SJK is not helping with this at all. Any other suggestions on this as well? I am just so unhappy with this company. I am getting no where.

Avoid! Sorry but that's my opinion. Beginning of last year I had to replace over £1000 of hair from SJK. Bonds were just falling out every single day and hair quality was pants.

They didn't want to know and told me it was the way I was fitting them or the clients aftercare..... my bonds always stay in tact with other suppliers.

Cut your loses and find a new supplier before they take more of your money

Avoid! Sorry but that's my opinion. Beginning of last year I had to replace over £1000 of hair from SJK. Bonds were just falling out every single day and hair quality was pants.

They didn't want to know and told me it was the way I was fitting them or the clients aftercare..... my bonds always stay in tact with other suppliers.

Cut your loses and find a new supplier before they take more of your money

I've gotten this vibe just from the few emails exchanged- trying in any way possible to place blame on me and not their extensions. I've not had other bonds slip like this before. I will definitely be looking for a new supplier.

A few years ago I had to replace hundreds of pounds worth of hair aswell the shedding was awful and it all matted within a couple of washes. Got no where with them I even got accused of tampering with the hair....

A few years ago I had to replace hundreds of pounds worth of hair aswell the shedding was awful and it all matted within a couple of washes. Got no where with them I even got accused of tampering with the hair....

Such a shame. I wish I had read more about them.

I had problems with them too, hair is poor quality compared to similar priced suppliers, lucky to get 2-3 months without it puffing up despite its claim to last longer
Fobbed off by the girl so just never ordered again and anyone who asks i tell them how poor it is!

Had an extremely awful experience with them last year too. I sent strands back but basically they blamed me and my client. I left comments on their fb page, Twitter to try and get them to take responsibility but they just got them removed and blocked me. Since then I've heard so many problems. I get my hair from Holsam who are fab, brilliant customer service always available for a chat xx

Hi all, I ordered from SJK extensions since hearing some good about them and being unhappy with a previous supplier. I ordered 200 strands of straight #1 black AAAAA (Krystal Hair) hair. The next day I ordered 25 strands of straight #99J (light blonde) AAAAA (Krystal Hair) hair to do ombre colored pieces. The first order was received 2 weeks later, installed, and we are not happy with it. Since the install, 1 or 2 bonds have slipped out every day just from a light brushing, there is more shedding than should be, and one odd thing noticed was when I cut the extensions to blend with her natural hair, the inside shaft of the hair was almost silver, with black just coating the hair. It's been a week and it looks like a cheap wig. Moroccan Oil shampoo and conditioner is being used, as well as Moroccan Oil. No other products are being used. She is braiding her hair at night and is following all aftercare properly. This brand honestly feel like Donna Bella hair, but with a worse bond. Has anyone has this problem? Any suggestions? I've contacted the company an they want me to send them a few strands "for testing" which I am hesitant to do. For one, I would rather not spend any more money with this- I've already lost the money I paid for everything because the extensions will have to be replaced as soon as possible. Second, (as stated below), the second order is lost and I could see that happening to these.

Also, I have yet to receive the second order. It's been 3 weeks. Tracking shows USPS has had it in Chicago for a while, but 3 weeks is excessive. SJK is not helping with this at all. Any other suggestions on this as well? I am just so unhappy with this company. I am getting no where.

Hiya hun. Ive used SJK for years and no problems with the bonds. You shouldnt use any oily shampoo on the bonds this will cause bonds to slip and shed. A sulphate free shampoo is best to keep the bonds in good condition. Hope this helps :)

I use sjk and have always found the delivery really quick, they even offer free recorded delivery to approved extensionists, do you use the aftercare they sell?

Hair coming from Chicago? aren't they a Uk supplier?

I only use SJK hair , receive my orders next day before 1pm , love their hair x

There prices are pretty good & you get a 5% discount code , hair is brilliant though my clients love it

Do they pay well?
Been a while but the sjk lot are back bigging up their extensions giving out false reviews. Sjk you should be ashamed!! Why not try suppling good quality extensions, having a customer service then you could build up a worth while business instead of supplying cheap hair/god knows what and setting up false profiles on here to spread false advertising so that more small business lose money to you while your sitting pretty with our hard earn cash in your back pocket.

There prices are pretty good & you get a 5% discount code , hair is brilliant though my clients love it
Would be good to see some of your work using sjk extensions or maybe you have a link to your fb page or website then we could have a look at your customer reviews?

I really like SJK to! I see this post is from February though??? And no I don't work for them before some of you start. It seems to be the same people complaining all the time. I never had a bad batch or any problems. So sticking to my guns I love SJK and there customer service is brilliant. And my review is not false!!!!

I really like SJK to! I see this post is from February though??? And no I don't work for them before some of you start. It seems to be the same people complaining all the time. I never had a bad batch or any problems. So sticking to my guns I love SJK and there customer service is brilliant. And my review is not false!!!!
Lucky you but I will always voice my concerns about sjk as I've personally lost a lot of money because of them and so have many others. I would hate any other small businesses to have go through the rude, condescending emails (as they don't have a phone) that I had to endure.

Been a while but the sjk lot are back bigging up their extensions giving out false reviews. Sjk you should be ashamed!! Why not try suppling good quality extensions, having a customer service then you could build up a worth while business instead of supplying cheap hair/god knows what and setting up false profiles on here to spread false advertising so that more small business lose money to you while your sitting pretty with our hard earn cash in your back pocket.

Theres two members who both joined at the same time today and are both recommending sjk on every thread they can. Coincidence?

Theres two members who both joined at the same time today and are both recommending sjk on every thread they can. Coincidence?
Coincidence, the only dence is the fact that they think people won't click onto what their up to yet again!!

Would be good to see some of your work using sjk extensions or maybe you have a link to your fb page or website then we could have a look at your customer reviews?

I don't work for them if that's what your thinking ? Just a mum of 4 doing hair [emoji23] can certainly attach photos of reviews etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back