Trying client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also work around my family, and if my clients wanted a full set then this is what they would get, and charge accordingly, I would give the client what they wanted and would make sure I would fit them in if at all possible, they are our bread and butter, and it's there regular clients that pay us our wage:wink2:

Thanks everyone for your points of views and emotions (I can see a few people were quite supportive and some anti on this topic)

I guess we all deal with things differently. I always just squeeze this client in. And unfortunatly for her shes not my only client. But she acts and thinks that she is. Yes she pays well, for removal and full set replacement each time. More often than not this happens every 3-4 weeks. But if I work 8 hours a day, pick the kids up, come home cook dinner then do nails for 3 hours in the evening(not that that his her business or her fault) , it does make for a long day for someone that just needs to be squeezed in. (especially if she could have made and appointment like everyone else does). This is not a once off - but EVERY time she wants something.

Not only does she expect appointments like this, but she calls me out of hours and on weekends to ask advice not only about her nails but her personal life also (this I have talked about in a previous thread).

With her new set of horrible gels she recently got from the salon - she rings me everyday wanting me to fix them, sell her accetone (because she doesnt understand its a file off system), and the last call I got was Sunday morning at 9am with her saying. "Well after you seeing the nails, I took your advice and went back to the place that put them on, but they only offered me half my money back, so I went to the other salon and showed them and whinged to them too, but they couldnt fit me in to take them off, so I took them off myself (ripped them off no doubt), and can you put a full set on me today" - My answer was no - Sunday is my day with my family and when she called I was up too my elbows in bleach cleaning the bathroom.

So not only has she bagged me to the salon that did her horrible gels, she has then bagged them back to me and to another salon.

All my other clients understand and dont have a problem at all, waiting for an appointment..and If I cant fit them in when they want their nails done, the usually only need to wait a few days to get in. Why is it so hard for this lady to understand.

By the way I live in a small country town, and there is not a large enough clientelle for me to work full time or in a salon just doing nails. Working mobile works best for me due to the over heads I would endure in a salon.

I think I was being fair - I know some of you will agree and others will disagree.

Thank you for your support either way :hug:

why don't you put her name on the mobile so you know its her ringing and not answer? You could put a message service on stating your opening hours and to leave a message out of hours.

I agree mainly but I would never have given her the acetone as it is doing me out of a potential treatment also if I had the time to go look at her nails I would have taken my kit fixed her nails taken her money and explained politely that she must return in 2 weeks for maintenance or she may not be able to get an appointment. But everyone will have their own way of doing things. x

I agree mainly but I would never have given her the acetone as it is doing me out of a potential treatment also if I had the time to go look at her nails I would have taken my kit fixed her nails taken her money and explained politely that she must return in 2 weeks for maintenance or she may not be able to get an appointment. But everyone will have their own way of doing things. x

I would have done this if i was still using gels systems, but Im not.

I agree with you, I have had a few clients in the past that have booked then cancelled and re-booked then cancelled again to re-book again. Now I find if a client cancels I will re-book them but if they cancel a 2nd time then unfortunately for them I am always fully booked and they have to wait sometimes up to 7 - 10 days for me to fit them in. I know you prob think thats harsh of me but they never mess me about after that and so far I have never lost the business. They always wait because I feel they no what I do is good and they would not get any better. If I was to lose the custom it wouldn't bother me cos frankly I don't want clients who mess me about and a new client would soon replace the one lost.

Latest posts

Back