Trying to perfect my nailshape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLimitNails

Reaction score
Hi all

I was recently on another course, where filing techniques was shown. I'm trying to perfect the shape of the nails, as I now has sorted our lifting, smilelines etc. I'm constantly trying to perfect one step at the time, so I have focus on one area.

This time it's apex and c-curve and then I'm trying to perfect my oval shape by filing as pr. Nail-class (next time I will be focusing on my mixratio with the clear as I can really see a lot of bubbles:o )

Sorry just realized I sprayed with solar speed spray, hence the water-like surface on the nail, It's actually buffed with koala and solar oil and then air-dry on top...

Thanks for any comments...

Last edited:
i love these,what did you use for the nail bed and how did you do the swirls in the free edge design? its fab.
from the picture your sidewalls and c curve and look fab its only the apex for me it looks alittle to far back which in my opinion is making the nail look slightly sloped rather than a gentle curve.
try bringing it forward just slightly.xx

yep:o thats what I'm told all the time, I don't know why, other that I'm spending so much time on russian forums, where the apex does lie a little bit back (judging from the pics), will remember to give it a few more strokes with the file....

On the nailbed, I have custom blended CND 1 part neutral and 1 part cool opaque, with a bit of orange, and some silver shimmer and faded it down towards zone 3 and the used pure pink with silver shimmer to fade from cuticle towards apex. I have very visible moons so I thought I would try this to avoid hem looking square (if you get what I mean)

The swirls were created with special designed "metal/paper" that was put on top of my sculpting form... I bought them from Austria I think...

Thank you for your comments, I feel I'm staring myself blind on my own faults, I tend to copy what I look at most.... xxx

LOOK lovely, I love that blue, and the shapes good :)
The spiral design can be done using hair dressing foil or magi remover wraps,(strong foil) use a ball point pen draw the pattern you want flip it over and put it on your form, do your overlay then when you remove it will be there :)
Looks good with leaves.

You are right I have seen it done with that, but I just couldn't find any foil like that here, but never thought about hairdressers foil (have to google that magic remover thing LOL)

Thanks for the comment xx

the hair dressers foil that they do highlights with is really nice and straong and quite cheep , the maggi foil wraps are good to (ive never seen foil so strong lol) but a bit expensive for what we want to use it for lol but they are very good for removals too
Magis L+P Foil Nail Wraps Fingers 240PK

i love these,what did you use for the nail bed and how did you do the swirls in the free edge design? its fab.
from the picture your sidewalls and c curve and look fab its only the apex for me it looks alittle to far back which in my opinion is making the nail look slightly sloped rather than a gentle curve.
try bringing it forward just slightly.xx

Actually I do not agree re the apex placement. Apex placement on an oval nail is quite different to a square nail and I think the curve is beautiful for this shape of nail and actually perfect. Oval is Oval ... apex in the centre.

That's great to hear Gigi, one more thing forgotten in all the knowledge, this explains why the apex lies where it lies on the russian nails, they were oval too LOL....

And I will remember to put it in the right place when doing square/squoval :D

And Mizzy : Thanks for taking the time to find that link for me. I will try to find something similar here in Denmark. Eventhough they might be a bit expensive, I tend to use maybe only one or two pieces for a full set. And to be honest I'm reviewing my prices, and will make nails done with "added" accesories a bit more expensive, than nailart just done by handpainting, doesn't take me longer, but additional cost you know...

Last edited:
Fab nails, love the design.

The apex is superb.

Did you use Young Nails - coloured monomer, new pink cover powder for the nail bed with crystal glitter.

Ive just come back from Las Vegas for their annual beauty show.

Young Nails were doing amazing nails. And they had perfected the "EDGE" style with a sharp apex.

They are super looking nails.

The Young Nails Educators in USA are all Stars!!!
So much fun to hang out with = "MAD" fun and amazing nail techs.

The show is worth the visit and will go again next year

Funky Nails:green:

I don't understand any of what you're talking about, but the nails look lovely!:)

Did you use Young Nails - coloured monomer, new pink cover powder for the nail bed with crystal glitter.

Nope it's not YN it's CND and then Ez-flow colordrops (mixed to that color) and coverpink with added glitter.

I would love to go to an event like that one day, you get so inspired!

Thanks for the comments all XXX

What beautiful work... they are just perfect!!!

Latest posts

Back