Tummy tuck

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
I'v made a decision after many years to see a cosmetic to have a tummy tuck done :Scared: There are a couple of old threads about this but wondered if Anyone has had one recently??? I'm interested in how long the recovery is, how long till I can be hairdressing ???

I'd be interested to know this too, my OH wants it done but can't have to much time off work as we both self employed.x

I haven't had it done but a friend of mine has. She was in recovery for 3-4 weeks before she went back to work...I'll get more info from her n let you know how she felt etc.

Sent from my RACERII using SalonGeek

I would love to have it done too but was worried about the time off work! Will be watching this thread! ;-)

Anyone got ant tt experiances !?

I have!!

It is quite a long recovery period, I would say probably about 6 weeks, reason being when you first have it done where they cut the skin and stretch it you end up bent over for quite a while, try and stand upright too soon and you could end up with stretch marks and pulling the scar.

I recovered quite quickly, didn't even need pain relief but this isn't the same for everyone, we're all different. Look on the internet, there is a good forum (a bit like salon geek) with lots of lovely ladies from all over the world discussing their experiences. Also go and have a consultation with a few surgeons, they will tell you everything you need to know.

Good luck, although it's not a decision to be taken lightly, it was the best decision I ever made. xx

I havent had it done but treat a lot of people who have post operatively. I would say that recovery varies hugely. Some clients feel fine within about a month, for others it can take many months, in fact I have one client who still feels uncomfortable a year after surgery (and she is very young and fit) As the lady said earlier this is not a decision to take lightly, it is major and like any such operations carries significant risk.
I would say about 80% of people I see are pleased they had it done and almost all are quite shocked by the level of scarring (which is significant)
Having said all that, if you have a real problem and have looked carefully into it, then it may be just the thing to do!

There a forum I go on called so feminine,, but I'm sure it has a hugeee section for surgery! X

I havent had it done but treat a lot of people who have post operatively. I would say that recovery varies hugely. Some clients feel fine within about a month, for others it can take many months, in fact I have one client who still feels uncomfortable a year after surgery (and she is very young and fit) As the lady said earlier this is not a decision to take lightly, it is major and like any such operations carries significant risk.
I would say about 80% of people I see are pleased they had it done and almost all are quite shocked by the level of scarring (which is significant)
Having said all that, if you have a real problem and have looked carefully into it, then it may be just the thing to do!

I suppose I cover it quite well but after shopping its def made my mind up to go for it, I'm a size 14 and not too unhappy with that, but I hate it when I see my belly, I wouldn't mind if it was just a normal belly but my hanging belly ..... Yuck ! I'm gonna have 2 weeks off then work roughly 3 hours a day but clients coming to me so I don't have to carry my bag around. I've spent 13 years reading up and been for 3 consultations everyone seems to vary soooo much.

I haven't had it done but a friend of mine has. She was in recovery for 3-4 weeks before she went back to work...I'll get more info from her n let you know how she felt etc.

Sent from my RACERII using SalonGeek

Brilliant, I really look forward to hearing about it. I really want it done but it means poss losing clients and I do 2 old dears and I worry if I'm going to be able to shampp their hair for them !!!

Latest posts

Back