Turning 30

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louem

Reaction score
Hi geeks, am turning 30 next year and I am very depressed about it, I was just wondering has anyone else felt/feels the same and make each other feel better about it xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Aw don't be depressed.

It's a start of a new chapter in your life. It's honestly not that bad.The build up is worse than the actual event. I do remember feeling the same when I was going to be 30, but it really wasn't that bad.

It's just a number at the end of the day :) But I do know what you mean!!

Plan something fabulous and that'll turn it from a negative into positive :D

Really? Am really down about it haha, all my friends are in their 20s so I feel old, I only turned 29 2 days ago but can feel the 20s slipping away x

Really? Am really down about it haha, all my friends are in their 20s so I feel old, I only turned 29 2 days ago but can feel the 20s slipping away x

Oh bless your heart. You're still young. I work in an office with 23/24 year olds and I was 40 this year. Now that should make you feel fab!! I feel the same as I did when I was 18 and I believe it is mind over matter.

I promise it isn't bad. You're as young as you feel. It truly is only a number, and if you make it seem such a big deal it will be.

What do you think will happen when you turn 30? You'll get wrinkles, turn grey and have to wear beige polyester?! :D

I am not making light of your situation because I know it's hard. But just plan to do something utterly fabulous - go to New York or something that you really want to do and it won't seem so bad, you might look forward to it.

I was in denial I was going to be "old" - and didn't acknowledge it. In the end I had a big party, and went to Barbados :D It was ACE!! x

Less than a month to go for me till I hit 30... eek!
One thing we can't change is the linier structure of time...
Choose to focus your energy on things you can change for the better in life, not the things you have no control over!
(That's my story and I'm sticking to it... :p)

God I would give anything to be 30 again ! . 30's are great . Old enough to be taken seriously but young enough to wear what you like and do what you like and a growing confidence that can only come with age :)

Embrace it .

Lol get your Zimmer on order old lady cause 30 is the huge decline ;)
Look at many of us post 30 geeks, can you see how we need these zimmers?? Lol Nahh thought not ;)

I'll be 41 next birthday and don't feel a day over 92 lol.
Honestly tho, enjoy everyday, smile, laugh and forget about age... Numbers mean nothing, you are what you feel :)

Do something really special on your 30th- thats what got me over mine. I got married- completely forgot i turned 30!! Though hitting 31 this year was a bit of a come down lmao! Still i keep forgetting and telling everyone im 30 (memory aint what it used to be lol) but the other week i was id'd to buy cigs!! So really age is just a number lovey.

Me and hubby cant wait to hit 40 as weve decided that decade in our life where gonna go and do all the things we wanted to do but couldnt do or couldnt afford to do in our 20's and 30's- soooo my point is theres life in the old dog yet- embrace getting older.... ;) x x x

I was the same i dreaded turning 30, but you will be fine x

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

Thanks for all the replies, bet you all thibk am silly haha, but I do feel better, I like that am old enough to be taken seriously but young enough to wear what I want haha, think am feeling like I do because I feel like al be a REAL adult then haha, also by then my girl will be 10 and I don't want her to grow up xx

I turned 30 last year didn't really think about it as a had leukemia last year so that that kind of took over ,concentrate on the good things in your life ,what you are happy with and what you want to change and have fun :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

ah you're nowt but a girl!!! No seriously I was a bit gutted when I went 30 but its really not all that bad, you're still young, its just about personal perspective.

You're only as old as you allow yourself to be. My husband's 40 and he still goes out with the lads, goes to nightclubs etc, he's probably younger in spirit than I am. Just make sure you dont let it get to you. Plan a massive party, get all your friends out for a wild night out, get your nails and toes done in a crazy design, and you will feel fine. Just look at people like Madonna, she's old enough to be someone's grandma but she refuses to become "old".

I have a motto in life; I'm not prepared to grow old gracefully, old age will have to drag me kicking and screaming. If you think like this you'll be fine!! :hug:

Thanks for all the replies, bet you all thibk am silly haha, but I do feel better, I like that am old enough to be taken seriously but young enough to wear what I want haha, think am feeling like I do because I feel like al be a REAL adult then haha, also by then my girl will be 10 and I don't want her to grow up xx

That's very similar to how I feel. I've got 3 years to go but I'm actually looking forward to being 30!

Will be a milestone year for our family too, as my son also turns 13 that year ( scared!)

Well I think life gets better the older I get! I've become less bothered about what other people think and more happy just being myself. I'll be 37 in September and am already thinking about how I might celebrate being 40! As I only starting my nail training last August after years of resisting doing what I really wanted to do for fear of failing I'm looking forward to making the most of every year still to come! x

I'm 30 next year as well. I've booked a holiday so I'll be away for my birthday, which is making me look forward to it, I'm thinking more of my holiday not my birthday. no doubt when I come home I'll have the holiday blues and birthday depression all at the same time :Scared:

Your replies are great :) I turn 30 at the end of this year and a while ago I started feeling a bit strange about it. I am worried about turning 30. It's a strange age in my opinion. On the good side, no one believes my real age, I constantly get asked for ID when buying alcohol!:lol:

I feel the same, I still get asked for Id even for the lotto sometimes, but it is a strange age but these replies make me feel so much better xx

Go and find some 40yr old friends. Then u will be the youngest! Lol!

i'm 45 and couldn't give a rats ass...but i think when i get to 49 i'll do a Zaza Gabor on it and stick with that number for about 10 years.

i think she was 50 from 1970- 1993 or that. she fitted in a few husbands during that time too, fair play to her.

Life began at 30 for me got rid of my horrible husband got myself my lovely man 11 yrs younger than me got my own house, first car, enjoyable job and 4 yrs on training to be a nail tech! So chin up my dear and look forward to it! Xxxx

Latest posts

Back