Twisting what was supposed to be french with fiberglass practice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen_SCV

Reaction score
OK haven't really got the hang of not overfilling my gallery space so will have to do this here LOL
Just recently done fibreglass training and am "supposed" to be perfecting my french but my willing guinea pig could not be that plain for christmas so we tried to give it some bling

Predipped the french tips in PeeWee glitter (mix of green & gold) then applied them as a normal french & did a fibreglass finish. NOT easy with all that glitter in the zone & I did manage to wap a bit off the side whilst I was refining the shape on one thumb so the white is showing a tad.

Then once the nail was finished we topped it off with some home made decals & some snowflake decals from Nailtopia and a very light dusting of fine silver glitter in the top coat (hard to spot on the pics, you kinda have to see the nails moving to spot it)

Sooooooooooo, how do they look for a newbie fibreglasser??

Attachments

• Xmas Nails2.JPG
    Xmas Nails2.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 188
honey they are fab i must be so unimaginative cos ive never tried anything like that before! well done!

Very Christmas funky - they're excellent :Love:

Well done! It drives you insane doesn't it when you end up filing the glitter off lol! For a newbie fibreglasser they are great and very creative.

Absolutley Amazing!

Brill ............whos says fibreglass is boring........fab job.....I love glitter xxxx......

Wahay look at you girl :wink2:
They are brill mate, Well done.

fantastic, how long did it take you to do em ? :p

They are lovely who are you doing your fibreglass training with? love the glitter i havent had the courage yet to practice with the glitter but will have to try it x x

dee said:
fantastic, how long did it take you to do em ? :p
LMAO wayyyyyyyyyyyy too long, we needed about 4 coffee/smoke breaks, mind you the glittering up the tips took up a stack of time, had I had the tips done before hand would have been a lot smoother
Although everything takes longer when I go to see this m8, too much girlie gossip :lol:

Kellyc said:
They are lovely who are you doing your fibreglass training with?
I'm training with EZ Flow & dropped lucky that the rest of the north west all want L&P & Gel It! training atm so I got 1-2-1 with Ant Buckley, totally top-tastic LOL Although he did keep telling me "You're special" ........ now the get that right you have to sort of cock your head to one side & give a pitiful smile at the same time as you say it, cheeky bugger!! LOL fantastic trainer though (just need your thick skin on if you want to have any dumb moments & I had a fair few LOL)

Wow Congratulations Those are some BEAUTIFUL nails!!!!! Just a question...did you do the little designs (xmas tree, snowflakes) free hand???? It seems difficult to do that way. I am just practicing free hand designs but arrrrghhh I have such a hard time it's not even funny....any tips would be helpful LOL ;)

Lamu said:
Wow Congratulations Those are some BEAUTIFUL nails!!!!! Just a question...did you do the little designs (xmas tree, snowflakes) free hand???? It seems difficult to do that way. I am just practicing free hand designs but arrrrghhh I have such a hard time it's not even funny....any tips would be helpful LOL ;)
I wish!!! LOL I'm not the least bit artistic so I have to cheat, the holly & Christmas tree were water decals that I made on the PC, nicked the piccies off the net & squashed them down to the size I wanted. The snowflakes are self adhesive stickers form Julia at Nailtopia.co.uk

My nail art motto, "when all else fails .............. stick stuff on" :lol:

Latest posts

Back