Two skincare ranges in salon - can it work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leyla

Reaction score
do most people have 2 skincare ranges within their salons? can this work? Im opening new salon and not sure which brands to go for. Im undecided between eve taylor and natural elements?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks

i used to work in a salon that used 4 different skin care brands but we had 9 therapists so it did work well so i guess it depends on the size of your salon(2 girls loved elemis so realy pushed that 2 of us loved the md formulations and matis so we done alot of them etc etc). i would consider weather these 2 ranges compliment each other or are they pretty much the same ? i think you should offer what you believe in the most as this with maximize your sale's ! on saying that tho i think md formulations is probably one of the best skin care ranges ive ever come across but i dont offer that in my salon as most of my clients are 50+ and want pampering and luxury products so i do matis. so maybe think about what your client base is going to be and what is going to suit them best, still think you have to believe110% in the products your useing tho x

do most people have 2 skincare ranges within their salons? can this work? Im opening new salon and not sure which brands to go for. Im undecided between eve taylor and natural elements?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks

Not all salons have 2 ranges the previous salons I have worked in only had one range and I only have one range in my salon.However I think this depends on what you are aiming for.I think personally I would like 2 ranges.One aromatherapy range and one more specific range that focussed on more specific problems.

I would aim to get as many samples as possible,think about what it is you want from your facial range,do you want plant based etc?.

Starting out with a salon and purchasing all the new products is an expensive business,maybe focussing on a more upmarket facial range rather than going for the cheaper option would be the better option.I.e Darphin,Elemis or Dermalogica.These brands tend to be well known and sell themselves,going for a range that not many clients know about is harder to sell both in treatments and in retail.

Just some food for thought.Hth a little

thanks for your feedback and comments. All helps. xx

Starting out with a salon and purchasing all the new products is an expensive business,maybe focussing on a more upmarket facial range rather than going for the cheaper option would be the better option.I.e Darphin,Elemis or Dermalogica.These brands tend to be well known and sell themselves,going for a range that not many clients know about is harder to sell both in treatments and in retail.

I agree entirely with this, it's far better to have one good range than two cheap ones! As to the question of two ranges, I've seen this work & not work, and from what I can deduce it only really works when there is a significant point of difference between the two ranges. One place I knew had two aromatherapy brands & it was a nightmare for clients to choose between them!

I have three ranges now.
I've always had SwissDermyl which is brilliant for pretty much all skin conditions, and I have Spiezia Organics for those clients who want a 100% organic range, and now that I'm doing microdermabrasion and skin peels I have the Novita range of glycolic products that complement it.
I wouldn't really want to give up any of them to be honest as they address different client needs.

Go for 2 -3 product ranges, different products suits different needs. Low, medium and high price range, both local and international ranges and finally also a clinical range (minimum preservatives and fragrances) and a pampering range (appealing colours, textures ans smells)

This will cater for all needs

thanks guys it all helps. x

It can certainly work. Like someone has already suggested, one higher end brand and one medium end brand. I think they work when they attract two differing markets, one offering Aromatherapy say and one other clinical range perhaps?
Good luck

I have Elemis and Environ and they work well although Environ has taken over from Elemis on sales. People that want a nice product, lovely smells and a bit of pampering go for Elemis whereas those who want serious skincare that deals with the health of their skin on a long term basis go for Environ. We do however do more Elemis treatments than Environ currently. I think if you have ranges that meet a clients different needs and there isnt a conflict it can work. HTH x

It depends on your vision.

I use two ranges - one is high end, the other low but both encompass the treatments I perform in their entirety. One of the ranges has a makeup section so I manage to incorporate the two quite nicely. But a series of ranges can confuse the client. For example, a salon near me has four ranges and the menu is quite extensive. You look at it and you don't know if you're Arthur or Martha trying to work out who does what to whom with what... That also does tend to take a toll on the bottom line not to mention the work involved in upkeep.

Best to keep it simple and your vision clear. If two ranges really strike your fancy, why not try them both? After all, you might find that one just isn't practical in the salon but is perfect for home use or something like that.

i personally use Eve Taylor, and all of my clients have been more than happy with the one product. Eve Taylor isn't 'cheap', but affordable. The products are produced and packaged in their own premises in the UK, hence why they are able to keep product prices down, so that us therapists have what we deserve - fantastic quality at affordable prices! :D None of the old 'minimum order' Gibby gabby either, and my products fly off the shelves!

Good luck with whatever choice you make and i hths!xxx

The products are produced and packaged in their own premises in the UK, hence why they are able to keep product prices down

Interesting point. Most manufacturers will tell you that owing to the minimum wage here in the UK it's way cheaper to have product manufactured abroad, usually outside the EU, in countries where labour is far cheaper.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Im thinking of going for Environ which will be the clincal range and was thinking to compliment that with Natural Elements, which smells nice, organic and very cost effective! Although ive just come across Cetuem London, any experiences with this one anyone?

Latest posts

Back