Unclean clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EstheticianJane

Reaction score
I started doing eyebrows, and then moved to waxing the arms and legs, then the chest, stomach and back - and finally this past week I started both bikini and Brazilian waxing.

Out of 13 customers I gave Brazilian's, two literally had poo in the cracks! I have a well ventilated place so the smell didn't get to me, but I could literally see it there

I didn't know what to say and didn't want to offend the client. But I do offer and even insist on my customers using a wipe to clean up before entering the waxing room

Is this a common occurrence?

I'm not going to stop doing them, because it's been very nice in terms of income earned for the time spent but still

It has happened to me in the past
It wasn't much and I didn't tell her. I used a wipe before going on to the prewax lotion. My client is a regular and she'd have been mortified.

That's shocking who the hell doesn't ask for wetwipe and use the bathroom before they come to have a Brazilian is beyond me. Ever client I have ever had I give them pair of disposable panties and packet of wet wipes I left in bathroom . And say pls could you change into disposable and I have left wet sips for you to use.
And please put the gown on and when you ready come through.

Not once have I ever had a client NOT wanting to comply!
If they get offended I honestly would not want them as clients. It's like who doesn't have a bath before going to your gynea appointment?! No one unless you live in the bush with no running water!

Part and parcel of intimate waxing I'm afraid. It doesn't necessarily mean they're 'unclean'..... pardon the pun but s*** happens! ;) You do become immune to most bodily "stuff" and for the most part need a strong stomach (and poor sense of smell) ;) Hygiene wipes are your friend.... :)

Last edited:
After doing intimate for almost a year I've come across a few stomach turning incidents but last week doing a high bikini I was almost sick in my mouth with the smell and crusty underwear . I don't understand it and never will why some people don't make more efforts with personal hygiene? I'm almost 40 so I understand and tolerate a lot but last week I got angry and wondered why should I put up with this?? Dreading that client coming back now. I was told at college by a lecturer that as therapists we don't have to deal with this? Easier said than done!

After doing intimate for almost a year I've come across a few stomach turning incidents but last week doing a high bikini I was almost sick in my mouth with the smell and crusty underwear . I don't understand it and never will why some people don't make more efforts with personal hygiene? I'm almost 40 so I understand and tolerate a lot but last week I got angry and wondered why should I put up with this?? Dreading that client coming back now. I was told at college by a lecturer that as therapists we don't have to deal with this? Easier said than done!

Urgh! Totally agree... THAT you shouldn't have to deal with. Some people have no shame! My new clients all get sent a "House Rules" sheet along with directions, waxing Q&A etc, and it does say "Please come to your appointment fresh, showered & sweet-smelling!" Out of interest, did you say anything to the grubby chick in question???

All the more reason to make them wear disposable underwear ! Eliminating that issue ! Gosh you poor thing i would have died . Sorry but that is bad.

Although what makes me DRY hurl funny enough is clients asking me to remove gunk or stuff under their nails. When even doing old clients like my granny for e.g. In homes I almost pray to not hurl. I don't know what it is but honestly it freaks me out no end.

I really don't think clients arrive purposely unclean. I cleanse before waxing and it's no problem. At the end of the day they're paying £40 for a Brazilian and it takes 15 mins so I'm happy

Latest posts

Back