Under trained

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glam tree

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I've been reading through your nail post's and to be honest i feel like i really wasn't trained properly. which is SO frustrating as our courses aren't cheep. and i did the "nail tech course"
I feel i know so little about various things.
as in:-
when you talk about gel tips. do you mean you use the tips you would use for acrylics applied the same way then apply Gelish?
If you have a client come in and have red gel then come back for their next appointment and ask for the same colour, can you some how apply the new gel over the old..... how is this done.
I wasn't even taught that you could apply gel over acrylic nails!

I feel so let down and rubbish! and I qualified 2 yrs ago.

can you offer any advice until i am able to do another course..?
thanks at the moment i just do the basics...... gel application on natural nails, and acrylic on natural nails.

GT x

When people talk about tips and gel they mean hard gel or builder gel which you use to create extensions it isn't gel polish like Gelish. You wouldn't know that unless you trained in them and a lot of courses just do acrylic nail extensions as they are more popular.
Some brands do allow you to infill or maintain gel polish. Gelish do and should have stuff on their website explaining the technique. Shellac you can't do it with though so it depends on your brand. A lot of people just prefer to soak off and reapply every time and never do maintenance even with brands you can though.
Who did you train with?

You could do nail extensions. ... and apply your gel polish system.... but it wont last as long as a builder gel or acrylic base...

So.... you can put hard gel or soft gel onto acrylic enhancements....as per

Gel enhancements. . You can put either hard gel colour such as nsi ...or your gel colours suchas shellac...gelish etc
Fiberglass. ...you can put gel polish...hard gel...or even acrylic on top.... x

To build up you knowledge I would just keep checking out the threads on here and if you aren't sure then ask like you already have. Just walk round your local wholesaler and look at all the products see which ones you recognize which ones you don't and Google them. Watch nail tutorials I'm a big fan of gamma Lambert and naio ones they show you the basics and you will be able to see a hard gel enhancement.
For gel polish it's easier in my opinion to soak off and start again, unless is on l & p (acrylic) nails then you need to buff off if you are in filling. When applying gel polish on acrylic you dont need primer or base, and leave the surface rough.
Hope that helps x

To build up you knowledge I would just keep checking out the threads on here and if you aren't sure then ask like you already have. Just walk round your local wholesaler and look at all the products see which ones you recognize which ones you don't and Google them. Watch nail tutorials I'm a big fan of gamma Lambert and naio ones they show you the basics and you will be able to see a hard gel enhancement.
For gel polish it's easier in my opinion to soak off and start again, unless is on l & p (acrylic) nails then you need to buff off if you are in filling. When applying gel polish on acrylic you dont need primer or base, and leave the surface rough.
Hope that helps x
thank you, i think thats what I will do
GT X

Latest posts

Back