Unhappy with new highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyhacker

Reaction score
hi hair people i had my hair cut and coloured on tues by a very reputable hairdresser her and her crew have won alot of competions and stuff
i love the cut its really nice but my highlights im very dissapointed with not one person has noticed!!!
i knew it wasnt gonna come out really blonde as iv been dying my hair at home with one of those 10 min colours in choc brown she said she didnt want to use bleach as my hair is very fine and she didnt want to damage it
im going back tomorrow to have the ends re-done FOC as they didnt take at all so it looks like i just have grown out roots
is there anything i can say or how should i say it i dont want to be rude but i just expected and asked for something completely different
i did ask before hand i only wanted it done if it would take and she said it would be fine
any advice?
thanks xxxx

hi hair people i had my hair cut and coloured on tues by a very reputable hairdresser her and her crew have won alot of competions and stuff
i love the cut its really nice but my highlights im very dissapointed with not one person has noticed!!!
i knew it wasnt gonna come out really blonde as iv been dying my hair at home with one of those 10 min colours in choc brown she said she didnt want to use bleach as my hair is very fine and she didnt want to damage it
im going back tomorrow to have the ends re-done FOC as they didnt take at all so it looks like i just have grown out roots
is there anything i can say or how should i say it i dont want to be rude but i just expected and asked for something completely different
i did ask before hand i only wanted it done if it would take and she said it would be fine
any advice?
thanks xxxx

Hi, I am sorry that you didnt get the colour you wanted ,
the thing is that tint will not lift tint
so you definately need bleach to lift it

as for putting on this 10 minute colour thingy , just think how strong that must have been to take within 10 mins :eek: or it may have put a coating the hair that is harder for anything to penetrate ,

I would return with some pictures and show her exactly what shade of blonde you want to be!
and if she is not to sure about the condition
then ask for her to do some test pieces first

Ps didn't she do any test peices in the first place for you to see what it would turn out like ? :)

no she didnt actually well im off there in a mo so will ake a pic and ask her if i can make an appointment asap to get the right colour i just felt i spent alot of money and was a lil dissapointed
as for the 10 min colour i only picked that one cos i loved the colour i guess your right it must be pretty strong to have an effect after 10 mins lol
thanks for the reply x

Hi, I hope that you get the colour that you want today ,
also you shouldn't have to pay for anything
other than perhaps the blowdry
do let us know how you get on :hug:

well she put more tint in but tbh it hasnt had much effect il just have to wait for it to grow out a bit and go somewhere else next time i think it was free of charge so atleast i got a wash and blow dry out of it (i love it when you just come out the hairdresser and your hair smells divine lol)
so for a few weeks im just gonna stick at being inbetween blonde and brunette lol!

well she put more tint in but tbh it hasnt had much effect il just have to wait for it to grow out a bit and go somewhere else next time i think it was free of charge so atleast i got a wash and blow dry out of it (i love it when you just come out the hairdresser and your hair smells divine lol)
so for a few weeks im just gonna stick at being inbetween blonde and brunette lol!

Hi you seem like a really nice person and I do understand why you dont wan't to go back there anymore as it seems like you are not getting what you want !...

But.....
I dont think its right that you payed a lot of hard earned cash
and they didnt do any bleach test peices for you!

why dont you just pop into the salon again for a free consultation
about the colour
and ask her very nicely to do some bleach test peices for you ?

and if the test peices lift up nicely ,
I am sure she will offer to pop some in for you free of charge ,
but if she doesnt offer
you could ask her why couldn't I have had a few bleached highlights
scattered in ?

I think test peices are the way forwards for your hair :hug: minky

hey kelly, just so u can see the flip side of the coin, read my latest entry, cos im in the middle of a disastour that could have been your hair HAHA it is named first ever hair disastour. . x

Hi, I had the same problem and my hair is 28 inches long and is fine. It looked black and wouldn't even lift due to using too many home dye kits!!! After spending lots of time and money on home bleaches that didn't work, I decided to just pay the money and get it sorted by a professional. It's soooo worth the money. It cost me £150 to sort it out and now it looks perfect, a light brown. ( natural colour)She did 5 shampoo bleaches over a course of two weeks. 3 on one week then 2 another week. She only did the ends and middle as it was the blackest. As long as you condition it, it should be fine. I was petrified about having my hair cut off and the damage it could cause, but it's in great condition and I only needed a few cm's off. I had a thorough consultation before hand.
That was a month ago and I am now going to have subtle highlights put in a few days.
Make sure you explain thoroughly though.
Hope this helps! :)

hey kelly, just so u can see the flip side of the coin, read my latest entry, cos im in the middle of a disastour that could have been your hair HAHA it is named first ever hair disastour. . x

i see your point here but i only wanted a few highlights that people would notice even my own mother hasnt noticed :-(

Hi you seem like a really nice person and I do understand why you dont wan't to go back there anymore as it seems like you are not getting what you want !...

But.....
I dont think its right that you payed a lot of hard earned cash
and they didnt do any bleach test peices for you!

why dont you just pop into the salon again for a free consultation
about the colour
and ask her very nicely to do some bleach test peices for you ?

and if the test peices lift up nicely ,
I am sure she will offer to pop some in for you free of charge ,
but if she doesnt offer
you could ask her why couldn't I have had a few bleached highlights
scattered in ?

I think test peices are the way forwards for your hair :hug: minky

after deliberating over what you have said i think your absoloutely right im gonna go back after my hols next week im not after another freebie so i dont mind paying and ask her if she can do some test pieces etc im kinda getting used to it now anyway so im a bit more chilled about it lol thanks for peeps advice :)

Latest posts

Back