Uniform (round) layers, which method is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
My college teaches the Toni & Guy cutting methods, but our tutor has shown us a different way to section & cut a uniform (round) layers cut and I'd like to know if anyone else uses this method? Or do you know if it's a recognised metho? I'll try and explain it.

She does an inchwide guideline from forehead to crown, then does another inchwide strip either side so she makes a box shape guide.

She then starts at the front on one side and cuts a strip down the head, using the box for the length, then uses this strip as the start to go all the way around the head.

Does anyone else use this method? Or do you know a better method? I have trouble with the Toni & Guy method and do find my tutor's way easier, but if anyone knows a better way please tell me, it's the cut I've had most grief with!

i always thought it was same length of layers , following the shape of the head , but its a long time since i did basic training , so i could be wrong!

i always thought it was same length of layers , following the shape of the head , but its a long time since i did basic training , so i could be wrong!

Yes that's the cut, but there are different ways of sectioning the hair to arrive at that result, that's what I was trying to get at. I'm not very good at explaining! Sorry hun x

Hi, Toni and Guy are very particular about their cutting methods and they like it done in their own particular way , and you won't go wrong with them ,
they are really very good at what they teach,
perhaps try and clear your mind first of everything else and just do it their way or you may muddle yourself up :confused:

I am not saying that they are better than the college tutors methods ,

but the methods and sectioning they teach
means you will be able to cut hair styles that are noticeably of an excellent standard ,
they dont let you get away with anything out of place
everything as to be very exact
I think you are really lucky to have Toni and Guy cutting within your college , wow :eek: people pay a fortune to go train with them

but I totally understand it must be really hard to grasp
especially when you have been taught a totally different way of cutting

may I ask why they didn't start you off on the Toni and Guy method in the first place ? :hug:

hi, i have just completed level two..half way through level one we got a tutor who was toni and guy trained and taught us totally different to a tutor who had been teaching us...i prefered the toni and guy method of doing uniformed layer, and all the other cuts and the way they section...quite methodical....so i stook with that....go to your college library and they should have toni and guy classic cuts...book.....and draw the cutting guides from it for your own reference..this is what i did...tutors seem to teach differently slightly from each other, i have found ,if you prefer the toni and guy method...if it clicks for you just stick to it...

Latest posts

Back