Unopened bottle of spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S_E_H

Reaction score
Hey, I trained with Sienna x back in April 2014, since then I've had another baby and tbh I've not proactively been promoting my spray tanning as life has well taken over with two young children! I have an unopened bottle of Sienna x 10% spray tan solution which says expired on 12/2014. It's been kept in a dark cupboard.

Am I right in saying this solution will not be any good to use?....obviously don't want to risk using it and the results being awful! Ahhhh... Hate throwing money down the drain!

Hey, I trained with Sienna x back in April 2014, since then I've had another baby and tbh I've not proactively been promoting my spray tanning as life has well taken over with two young children! I have an unopened bottle of Sienna x 10% spray tan solution which says expired on 12/2014. It's been kept in a dark cupboard.

Am I right in saying this solution will not be any good to use?....obviously don't want to risk using it and the results being awful! Ahhhh... Hate throwing money down the drain!

Chances are this solution will have gone green as it's a year out of date, it may smell as well - the only way to find out is to have a practise run on a friend or husband :)

Even if it looks and smells ok the half life of the ingredients means it will no longer be a 10% solution. Personally I would not use it.

Open it up and have a look. You'll soon know by looking at it as it will be green but if it were me I would just buy a new bottle.

Try it on yourself or just swipe it all over your tummy with a cotton pad and leave it for the whole development time and see how it comes out

...but wear gloves. Silly me I did this to myself without gloves

Thanks so much. I won't be using it on clients as wouldn't be right to!

Were you just asking to see if it was ok to use on yourself?

Latest posts

Back