Unsure about Gel ll

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Gel II is lasting longer than Gelish on some clients but overall the application is easier and creamier (however there is one colour that is a bit thin for my liking) and ive tweaked the removals now so they are better , plus one lady I didnt buff the natural nail and it stayed on!

I think clients with chipping issues need to look at their aftercare or may be a course of ibx. I have one girl who was great with gelish on then all of a sudden she got chipping, so we did a course of ibx and the chipping stopped. Now months later shes getting chipping again and shes got Gel II on so im gonna do ibx again.

Why does everyone try and compare Gel II to Shellac??
We are constantly told that Shellac is a power polish not a gel, gel II is a gel.........just saying. :cool:

Who knows? I think it's because people like to have a product that will fit every client rather than matching the correct product for the nail condition and lifestyle of the individual client.

One size doesn't fit all and I just think people forget, especially when we can see how great Shellac can be on the right nails and also now we have IBX to improve poor nail condition, so can get it to last longer.

Who knows? I think it's because people like to have a product that will fit every client rather than matching the correct product for the nail condition and lifestyle of the individual client.

One size doesn't fit all and I just think people forget, especially when we can see how great Shellac can be on the right nails and also now we have IBX to improve poor nail condition, so can get it to last longer.

Lol i just read my post, i think i was pissed off that day :o

But your post is true though and a couple of years ago we saw it with everyone comparing Shellac with Gelish.

has anyone given there client just a clear coat of gel ll before ? I have had clients before that aren't allowed to wear gel polish but want something to protect there nails so I would normally give a base coat and then a top coat job done! would you just put a couple of coats of top coat on for the natural nail effect with gel ll?

I haven't tried just topcoat but extreme French pink with the Matt topcoat gives a very natural finish.

Just received a package I'm excited to give gel ll a go!

Latest posts

Back