Upgrading a full-head tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starboltz

Reaction score
I've been thinking of ways I can upgrade and add more interest for clients booked in for a full-head of tint. I allow myself 30 minutes for application and mixing so it couldn't be anything too time consuming.

What do you all do? Preferably I don't want to have to charge extra, I just want to give them something more they can't do at home

Olaplex :) it's an extra £20 each time!

Olaplex :) it's an extra £20 each time!

I'm casually mentioninig it, to see if it's worth me investing. Regarding colour application though, anything 'special' I could do some it's not just a 'typical' full head colour? was thinking of melting a second brighter colour on the ends for those who want it

How would you do brighter over a colour tho? Tint doesn't lift tint? And if your going darker with an alll over colour you'll need to pre pig which just complicates things, You could add dimension with a few foils placed randomly around in a deeper or contrasting shade tho, I diddnt think my clients would go for olaplex but they really do, you can buy the small kit for around £80 as long as you get more than 4 applications out of it you'll be in profit :) a colour is just 3mls the bottles are 100ml so you could potentially make a lot of money off that, i try to make my all over clients get a balyage lol

There is a technique called strobing you should look into that. I offer my clients it a lot if they are an all over application or if they want something different but aren't brave enough to change there whole colour.

There is a technique called strobing you should look into that. I offer my clients it a lot if they are an all over application or if they want something different but aren't brave enough to change there whole colour.
What is it tracie?

I'm gonna Google this... when my laptop starts working hahahahs

It's to make the hair look more volumised and textured, it also adds light to frame the face (opposite of contouring). You section the hair like the picture I attached ( one I found online), say someone was a base 6 all over you can only go a two shade difference for your other selected colour (which I've used base 8 before). You do the roots as normal with 6 then t.t.i on section 1 & 3. On section 2 your sectioning the hair vertically and working round the head in the shape of section 2. You will have base 6 at the roots, base 8 on the mid band and then base 6 on the ends ( I personally do this in foil )!

It's simple and doesn't take me anymore time than usual. Looks so natural rather than just bits of colour randomly placed and when they tie there up it's still dark in a sense. Hope this makes sense :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1477239057.521187.jpg

Sorry section 1 being top of head, section 2 mid band and section 3 nape of neck

Interesting! I'd love to see a finished pic

It's great because you can go funky with reds or lighter, great way to change it up slightly. I don't have pictures but if I do This soon I will definitely post it up

It's great because you can go funky with reds or lighter, great way to change it up slightly. I don't have pictures but if I do This soon I will definitely post it up

Have you done many? I'd love to see some, I'm struggling to visualise at the moment (2 gins down)! X

Yea I've did a few and client has always been happy with results. You would only go a two shade different so the colours blend together brilliant, so natural looking! Just looks like there all over but when the light hits it or certain way there hair moves you will see the tones through the mid band. I personally do it as a block colour but the mid band you can weave it or do it in block. X

Latest posts

Back