URGENT Client has cracked acrylic AND natural nail ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailz @

Reaction score
I received a call from a client yesterday saying that she urgently needs to see me because somehow (?) she's cracked her acrylic nail and she thinks she's cracked her natural nail too as it's so painful.

Despite being v.busy I said she should come in immediately for me to see what needed to be done because it was important that bacteria didn't get into it, blah blah. She said she couldn't because she was taking her 2 year old grandaughter to get her hair cut!

Managed to get her to come in at 3pm today but I have been unable to work out what is the best thing to do. Surely removing the acrylic will be really painful if indeed her natural nail does have a crack as well? :Scared:

Please help - sorry but need to know REALLY fast.

Thanks guys.

:Love:
XXX

First thing is to sanitize your hands well. If she has taped the crack be very careful when youremove the tape.

Look at the broken nail carefully and sanitize the whole nail and surrounding tissue. The client may have to bite her tongue for a second while you gently open the crack to sanitize.

Use a drop of pharmaceutical grade adhesive in the opened crack and then close and hold firmly but gently in place until the wound is sealed. This will stop the movement in the nail and it will immediately feel more comfortable for the client.

While supporting the free edge of the nail from the underside, gently file and thin the area over the wound.

Sanitize again and apply a drop of liquid and powder over the area to reinforce where you have thinned. Gently buff until smooth and shorten the length.

This should do the trick. If the client feels anythrobbing after 24 hours, the enhancement will need to be soaked off (I have NEVER had to do this).

You are a diamond! Thank you so much for getting back to me so fast. This website is SO great.

Thank the Lord I'm not remotely squeamish!

My only query Where would I be getting the pharmaceutical grade glue from?

What are you using currently?

I've got several brush on glues but the ones I use most are by The Edge, IBD and Biosculpture.

Sorry, I thought I needed to go to the chemist for it!

geeg said:
Use a drop of pharmaceutical grade adhesive in the opened crack and then close and hold firmly but gently in place until the wound is sealed. This will stop the movement in the nail and it will immediately feel more comfortable for the client.
Hi Geeg - could you advise what your preferred adhesive brand is for this purpose. I know you use Fabric# so wondered if it was from that range, or whether you mean one of the Creative adhesives?

Thanks a mill.

Nailz @ said:
I've got several brush on glues but the ones I use most are by The Edge, IBD and Biosculpture.

Sorry, I thought I needed to go to the chemist for it!
Just make sure it says EC or Ethyl Cynoacrylate on the bottle and not MC or Methylcynoacrylate. I'm sure you should be alright with IBD adhesive.

Most nail companies use EC adhesive but not all are surgical quality. Creative and Fabric# adhesives ARE. I cannot vouch for anyone elses brand, sorry. But the fact that is EC is the most important thing to consider for todays purpose.

If it helps ..... I also have CND Fabric adhesive too! (sorry for using the "glue" word earlier ;) )

That'll do. Use BOND or BUILD.

Thank you very much - I will at least now look as though I know exactly what to do. I did tell her to tape the nail up yesterday so I will be v.careful when she comes in. Can't imagine how much it must hurt.

She's a regular client but very heavy handed - I've tried to tell her that 2 seconds putting on gloves will save her half an hour extra on her infills but she never listens. I also seem to remember her saying that she clipped her nails down before her last infill and I said then that she may have caused cracks that can't actually be seen. Maybe she'll believe me now.

Thanks again.

Now I'm not worried about my client I am going to try and find a whitty quote for my postings!

Latest posts

Back