Urgent help bitten nails & acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxx

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373971555.116174.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373971565.349725.jpg

Could anyone please give me some advice on this client looking for acrylic nails. I use CND retension+. I couldn't tip and no free edge to sculpt the only thing I think I can do is sculpt without a form. Her nails are quite ski slope and she is looking to have it done regularly to get out the bad habit. And help would be very much appreciated!!! X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373971536.952250.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373971536.952250.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 314
View attachment 38427View attachment 38428

Could anyone please give me some advice on this client looking for acrylic nails. I use CND retension+. I couldn't tip and no free edge to sculpt the only thing I think I can do is sculpt without a form. Her nails are quite ski slope and she is looking to have it done regularly to get out the bad habit. And help would be very much appreciated!!! X

I think extending the nail bed is a good idea like u say and sculpting without a form to do this. Ill be honest I've not tried this technique but Ive heard it's good for extremely bitten nails

I'm sure you'll do this but the only thing Id say is make it crystal clear that she may not get a full 2-3 weeks since they may be more prone to coming off where there is little to no foundation for you to work with in her natural nail but obviously with perseverance this should improve

Would be interested to see what other people think :) xoxo

View attachment 38427View attachment 38428

I use Retention + & CND powders: nailbiter like this, i sculpt. Do one nail at a time, place your form not under the natural nail, because that is not possible, but touching the natural nail. Hold your form while sculpting the nail.
Nailbiters like this must subscribe to my nailbters-program, paying 6 appointments in advance. the only way to make sure you can follow this up soon enough. Big chance she needs a fill.re-do after 7 day....

Last edited:
I also use CND. I have done nail biters in the past but not many. Have you looked at Gemma lamberts nail biter video on you tube? She sculpts a small free edge without a form then applies a form to the extended edge and extends further.

If it were me I would extend them a little bit without using a form for her first appointment, and shellac them rather than a French and sell her solar oil and follow up the appointment in 10days.

Would love to see ur after photos if u have a go! Xxx

I also use CND. I have done nail biters in the past but not many. Have you looked at Gemma lamberts nail biter video on you tube? She sculpts a small free edge without a form then applies a form to the extended edge and extends further.

If it were me I would extend them a little bit without using a form for her first appointment, and shellac them rather than a French and sell her solar oil and follow up the appointment in 10days.

Would love to see ur after photos if u have a go! Xxx

I too use the reverse acrylic application with CND Retention. Works well. And they have to rebook within 2 weeks so that it doesnt get damaged otherwise I dont waste time trying to give them nails. Solar Oil is a must

I actually shudder if I get a set of nails like these because I know after years of doing them, that you get very few successes. I also like to make nails pretty and I just know the finished result, though better, is not going to be pretty .. even when they are grown out .. so I don't envy you.

The client really has to be committed to stop the biting habit particularly when they fall into the 'cannibal' category! They need to know that some nails will break along the way and that those breakages will have to be repaired and paid for. They need to know they have to spend the money and see you more regularly than other clients. The hardest hing is keeping their fingers out of their mouths (using a bright polish helps s it can act as a trigger to them NOT to put the fingers in the mouth.

I'm sure you will have discussed all this with the client up front. There can be successes and when you get them it is worth it, very satisfying. But it really is a partnership.

I'm doing a set like this on Thursday for a bridesmaid, she only want them for the Saturday and I'm going to do each at a time, placing a form up to the nail and sculpting very short nails to just at the end of the finger, I've warned her will take some time, but she doesn't want to be the only bridesmaid with bitten nails out of 8. I'm then shellacing them to match her dress.

Thank you very much for all your advice! I decided to give her a call and basically just tell her that I don't think I am the nail tech for her and she knows that a set of l&p extensions are on introductory offer since retraining in march.

Like you said Geeg no matter what I would of done for her I knew I wouldn't be happy with the end result and I would rather save myself the stress and save my reputation rather than making a quick buck.

I Refered her on to another local nail tech which I know has more experience than me (I never told her that though). And told her I would rather she was happy at the end of the day and wished her well.

Latest posts

Back