Urgent...Printer Dilema!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Hi peeps...well I should have been in bed ages ago as I have to be up at 5:00am for Earls Court.
Have been printing pics this evening with no probs, & have bought new ink... so they are all fine but, now my printer wont print from my files.
I have just printed something from the net with no probs but cant print from my own files!
Any ideas anyone???

Have you accidently changed the printer setting?? does an error message come up or does it just not print!!

Sorry can't help hun and yes get to bed - hope I get to say hello tomorrow and good luck with the photographic comp xxxx

Thanx for replying....well it is going through the motions of printing, and not saying anything...at first it even printed badly..as if it was running out of ink yet all my tanks are full. :irked:
I need to print off my step by step for my photo entry or wont be able to enter now...gawd this is starting to feel like a bad omen!

is your printer an epson, hp?
did you clean the print heads?
have you done a test print?
if you can't print it ,can someone else print it for you ?
sorry so maany qu's

Hi Andrew,
Its a Canon i865... its been printing my pics with no probs..just printed directions from the internet... no probs!
Trying to print text from my files and ...arrrghhh!!!
I have tried cleaning the heads...I just dont know what to try next! :irked:
Just got my bro out of bed and hes going to print my step by step so Ill be sorted for tomorrow...sigh!
Still, if anyone has any ideas, the problem will still be here when I get back from E.C! :rolleyes:

try this...
click on start button...settings...printers and faxes...right click on your printer...the one with a black tick against it...properties...click button on bottom right...print test page

maybe you have colour but not black, therefore not text?
see test print - should show colour and black text?

Thanx Andrew :hug:
Did what you said and first time...nothing!
Took the black cartridges out (I have 2) ..both still full (bought them yesterday)
Ran your test idea again and its printed...though I have to say the text doesnt look great...wonder why?...wondering if it has anything to do with all the glossy photopaper Ive been using (though I did change the setting back to plain paper)
Thanx again anyway... off to get my 4 hours sleep!

Hi Gloria

Have you clicked the lever bck down when you placed the cartridge in????
Is there a tab[mine was yellow]that needs to be removed from the cartridge..?????
Go into printers and faxes in the menu......Make sure its set as your default printer???

That's abt it for me....Hope it helps all the best for EC

Love n Hugs
XX J XX

Glorsclaws said:
Thanx Andrew :hug:
Did what you said and first time...nothing!
Took the black cartridges out (I have 2) ..both still full (bought them yesterday)
Ran your test idea again and its printed...though I have to say the text doesnt look great...wonder why?...wondering if it has anything to do with all the glossy photopaper Ive been using (though I did change the setting back to plain paper)
Thanx again anyway... off to get my 4 hours sleep!

hi glo...i found that when i printed with photo paper a lot that the print heads on my printer got clogged up with residue from the paper and it took quite a few cleaning sessions to clear it.

glad you got what you needed printed anyway....i was gonna buy you a little good luck gift but the shop is empty again :sad:

stanleyann

change your setting hun then test your printer, on my computer there is a setting where i can test it to see if the colours are alright

Latest posts

Back