Using a client's equipment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makenna

Reaction score
Ooook so I have a lady who only wants me to use her nail tools and her own polish. She is lovely but bossy and is absolutely paranoid about catching some sort of infection. I think she knows that realistically she is not going to catch anything from my stuff but she's not budging. It's basically use her stuff or I don't do her nails. It would be a shame not to take her as a client because she has already pointed a lot of people in my direction, but I'm concerned I may be overlooking any reason to say no. I have considered insurance but don't know where I would stand with that. Any advice?! xxx

Is she happy for you to use your hard surface/tool cleaner/whatever you use on her tools, as long as you are comfortable that your standards are not being compromised for her, and you are happy to oblige I can't see it being a problem. If she's been supportive and you would like to return the favour then why not, if she pushes for anything more than makes you uneasy then revisit your decision later

When you say tools I presume you mean cuticle pusher and nipper, nail file and standard polish? If so all I would suggest is that you still need to ensure that the tools are sanitised to a satisfactory standard and that the polish is of a quality you are happy to use which doesn't compromise your standard of work.

I would explain you work a certain way using certain files & buffers, allocate her brand new ones of yours and bag them up with her name on.
I have clients bring their own polish all the time so can't see a problem wit that :)

Ok thanks ladies. I don't reuse files (she will see me remove one from its plastic wrap) and I will use my sanitiser on whatever tools she has.
She has all OPI polishes, which is what I use, so at least I don't have to compromise there.
As long as I'm not doing anything unprofessional or inappropriate I will go for it x

I would take her stuff, put the metal bits into barbicide and spray the files with sanitiser. Only after that use it on her.
Hygiene works both ways .. lol!!

Latest posts

Back