Using a hard gel over Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
Hello there, from time to time I don't do well with my nails wearing gelish, so tonight I did my nails normally but instead of the top it off I used a hard gel over the nail. I know I'll have to file that top layer off but thinking this will be worth it to get at least two weeks where now I'll be lucky to get one with gelish, due to working with acetone all the time. Hoping this works, I'd love to hear what ou all do who are hard on your nails like I am. TIA
If this works I'm seriously considering this method for clients too..
aj

I want to know too... I can't see why it wouldn't work... I think I will have to try this too!

I think it does work but not to its full potential. I think it's like building a house on sand or rock. Which would you lay 1st?? Xx

If you use a hard gel (non soak off) on top of a soft gel (soak off) then it will crack... You must always have the strongest/least flexible layer first which in this case is the hard gel.. The same reason how you can infill acrylic with gel but not the other way round... Is there any reason why you decided to put it on top and not underneath?

Same as Jordan said , it needs to go underneath not on top x

Latest posts

Back