Using Colored Gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileNails

Reaction score
I am not familar with using colored gels..Only ever used clear pink and white....But my question is.
Where do you use the colored gel? DO you just apply to the tip or do you apply to the entire nail?
I have read of people using coloured gels on toes, but do they apply tips and then just use it as if you were doing a gel application?

I'm lost with the colored gel and would like any info or help.....

Coloured gels can be used either as an alternative French replacing the white or as a permanent varnish.

I am not familar with using colored gels..Only ever used clear pink and white....But my question is.
Where do you use the colored gel? DO you just apply to the tip or do you apply to the entire nail?
I have read of people using coloured gels on toes, but do they apply tips and then just use it as if you were doing a gel application?

I'm lost with the colored gel and would like any info or help.....

I use coloured gel as i would polish.

Over the whole nail or you can do a 'funky french' with a colour just on where you would put the whites.

Amb x

I use coloured gel as i would polish.

Over the whole nail or you can do a 'funky french' with a colour just on where you would put the whites.

Amb x

Yeah I agree with minkus, why don't you give it a go on your nails???

What colour you got???

xxxxxxxxx

You can use color gels in many different ways. You are limited only by your imagination.

They work great over toes as well as over acrylic.

To use them over acrylic, finish the acrylic nail then apply two coats of gel color. Finally finish the color with a top gel.

When using gel color I always recommend to use a clear gel under and over the color, like you are sandwiching it in. This will give you the most brilliant color and the longest life.

Here are some examples of what you can do with color gel:

2005.jpg
green.jpg
beauty.jpg
feather2.jpg
palmtree.jpg

Thanks For all that info I might have a play on my own nails....I am always looking for something different but easy to do....

Thanks

I have also found (at least with the brands I've tried) that if you DON'T sandwhich it, it will peel off.

I use coloured gel TONNES. Apply as you would POW in 2 very thin coats. That's the way to get the best results I've found.

hth's

I will have to get some colored gel and have a play ..

Thanks To All

Latest posts

Back