Using gel polish outside

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyL

Reaction score
I am doing a Macmillan event this Sat and was thinking about doing the gel polish outside, it will be under a quite large covered area - is this something I can do? Any tips it advice please - thanks in advance xxx (I use Gelish and IBD Just Gel)

Personally I wouldn't, wind, dust etc could make for a nightmare of applying sticky gel polishes!

Xx

From experience I say absolutely not! Even tho your under something your still way too close to the UV rays, which will harden your nail brush, over cure your nails and can risk even entering you polish bottles and spoil them! Believe me, I learnt the hard way!!!!! I was doing a bachelorette party where they were having a poop party so I thought it would be fabulous to do the manis outside where all the action was. All my polish brushes were as stiff as rock when it came time to treat just the second client and I had 5 lined up after her!!!!!! Luckily my coworker had two brand new bottles of top and base. Had to move it all indoors. (I've even experienced brush stiffening being 20ft across the room from a cathedral window.)

Hahahhahahaha! Laughing so hard at myself. I meant a POOL PARTY! Not a "poop" party. Oh lord.

Ha ha - I think you could start a new trend with a 'poop party'! Thanks for your advice - think I might set up indoors :) xxx

Not in a million years because of the UV rays x

Def don't do it outside, my top coat brush went hard just from using it in my conservatory and it was a cloudy day! I learnt the hard way. X

Latest posts

Back