Using Koleston colour but I have no pastel, what can I use to substitute?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this forum was a place where professional Hairdressers could discuss ideas share tips and techniques and generally help each other. I have to say im very surprised at the the ridiculous comments that have been made which are neither constructive or justified! I was merely offering a suggestion whether you agree or not is fine but at least back up your claims with some evidence.

I have just checked all the peroxides I have at home and the first 3 ingrediants are the same in everyone Aqua/Hydrogen Peroxide and Cetearyl Alcohol. The rest are just detergents emulsifiers and preservatives. There is no miracle ingredient in Wella Peroxide that effects how it performs which of these ingredients would create a synergie system with its developer to anchor it inside the hair?

Ingrediants of Wella Peroxide are

Water
Hydrogen Peroxide
Cetearyl Alcohol - Emoliant
CETEARETH-25 - emulsifier
Salicylic Acid - Anti bacterial agent
Sodium Phosphate - Antiseptic.
Phosphoric Acid - Stabilizer – ph adjuster
Etidronic Acid – Stabilizer

Generic Peroxide
Water
Hydrogen peroxide
Parrafinium Liquidium – Conditioning Emoliant
Sls – Anti bacterial agent
Sodium Salicylate – Anti inflamotory
Citric Acid – Stabilizer Ph adjuster

If you go to to the following link Peroxide & Developer | Colour & Bleach | Capital Hair & Beauty and sort by most popular you will see that the best selling peroxides are generic and it also states Rich creme formula that can be used with any tint or bleach. I cant see a huge company like capital pointing that out if it was untrue. I use Manufactures developer because I always go through reps and if you bulk order you never have to pay for peroxide but i wouldn't hesitate on nippping down to sallys if we had run out of one and using it.

Absolute rubbish.........pah!
Dont comment on stuff you clearly have no understanding about.

I hope you've got good insurance!
Yes I have thank you and I also have manners what a stupid sarcastic comment. Insurance wouldn't be an issue people are not allergic to peroxide it is the PPD in Colour and we always skin test customers.

I thought this forum was a place where professional Hairdressers could discuss ideas share tips and techniques and generally help each other. I have to say im very surprised at the the ridiculous comments that have been made which are neither constructive or justified! I was merely offering a suggestion whether you agree or not is fine but at least back up your claims with some evidence.

I have just checked all the peroxides I have at home and the first 3 ingrediants are the same in everyone Aqua/Hydrogen Peroxide and Cetearyl Alcohol. The rest are just detergents emulsifiers and preservatives. There is no miracle ingredient in Wella Peroxide that effects how it performs which of these ingredients would create a synergie system with its developer to anchor it inside the hair?

Water
Hydrogen Peroxide

Generic Peroxide
Water
Hydrogen peroxide

If you go to to the following link Peroxide & Developer | Colour & Bleach | Capital Hair & Beauty and sort by most popular you will see that the best selling peroxides are generic and it also states Rich creme formula that can be used with any tint or bleach. I cant see a huge company like capital pointing that out if it was untrue. I use Manufactures developer because I always go through reps and if you bulk order you never have to pay for peroxide but i wouldn't hesitate on nippping down to sallys if we had run out of one and using it.

Yes I have thank you and I also have manners what a stupid sarcastic comment. Insurance wouldn't be an issue people are not allergic to peroxide it is the PPD in Colour and we always skin test customers.

I commented because when i tried generic peroxide instead of welloxon, it gave a flat dull result, i do understand 'stuff' and gained a distinction in my hairdressing science exam, great that you know how to copy and paste, well done.

Water
Hydrogen Peroxide

Generic Peroxide
Water
Hydrogen peroxide

I totally agree with you! I have used many ranges, and I always use generic peroxide now.
My colours still look great and my client base is still growing.

Water
Hydrogen Peroxide

Generic Peroxide
Water
Hydrogen peroxide

Skin test or not mate your insurance is still void for not following manufacturers instructions.....and i think you need to learn some manners instead of TRYING to be an insuferable know it all..........so dont comment on stuff you dont understand. ....dip****

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Water
Hydrogen Peroxide

Generic Peroxide
Water
Hydrogen peroxide

Do you sell your client generic shampoo? Most shampoos have the same ingredients but its the quality of these ingredients which make a difference.
My guests do not recieve anything "generic" or "basic" they recieve a high quality service using brand specific ranges containing high quality ingredients.
I like to think of the service I provide as Harvey Nics where as some seem happy to give their clients Asda own brand. :)

Not aimed at anyone in particular just a general thing I have noticed accross the boards. Lots of questions about "low end" colour, generic peroxide and general corner cutting ie cheap bleach. When are people going to learn that hairdressers are ten a penny and if you provide a cheap service then you will get cheap clients.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you sell your client generic shampoo? Most shampoos have the same ingredients but its the quality of these ingredients which make a difference.
My guests do not recieve anything "generic" or "basic" they recieve a high quality service using brand specific ranges containing high quality ingredients.
I like to think of the service I provide as Harvey Nics where as some seem happy to give their clients Asda own brand. :)

Not aimed at anyone in particular just a general thing I have noticed accross the boards. Lots of questions about "low end" colour, generic peroxide and general corner cutting ie cheap bleach. When are people going to learn that hairdressers are ten a penny and if you provide a cheap service then you will get cheap clients.

Totally agree !! .buy cheap...buy twice

Totally agree !! .buy cheap...buy twice

Exactly. More colour fade/less grey coverage/inconsistent coverage/ breakage/alergic reactions. All very costly when clients come back complaining they are not happy.
Their old stylist used Wella and it never faded like yours do and the coverage "just isnt right", off they tootal to a salon which will give them what they pay for.

1.9 will be fine! Really id use pastel to tone but mixing a 9/04 + 10/04 will be fine with 1.9! Yes I know were ment to use it with colour touch but it works.. we all bend the rules to be innotive and creative..

♥♡

Shoot me down but we use wella and 'generic peroxides' i also get perfect coverage and vibrancy..
♥♡

Shoot me down but we use wella and 'generic peroxides' i also get perfect coverage and vibrancy..
♥♡

Well I hope trade descriptions never catch wind of this as according to your website you use Wella, Paul Mitchell and Tigi.
If a client has a reaction and asks what you used then your insurance company would not pay. In this age of litigation you are on dodgy ground, especially as you are advertising 1 product and providing another. :rolleyes:

Thats not being innovative and creative its being a cheapskate !

♥♡

Thing is, if someone reacted to their colour, you would get shot down in court and have to pay compensation. And i doubt your insurance would cover. Is it worth it for a couple of pounds per bottle?

Thing is, if someone reacted to their colour, you would get shot down in court and have to pay compensation. And i doubt your insurance would cover. Is it worth it for a couple of pounds per bottle?

Thing is penny I use the correct developers with my chosen colour brand and I get them for pretty much the same price as generic :s so whats the excuse for other salon owners? ...... lazyness or ignorance?

^^ wella paul mitchell and evo...
Colour would be wella. Thank you!
♥♡

Maybe ill look into the insurance side of things tommorrow...
Im sure this site is for proffessional hairstylists wanting tips and advice
Not a bitch fest and gang up on anyone who dare use a generic peroxide..geezz

♥♡

♥♡

No bitchfest thanks, just sensible advice with regard to risk taking. Great if you don't give a damn.

♥♡

If you chose to do this then thats off your own back but personally my clients pay for a high end proffessional service and I wouldnt dream of using substandard products in my salon and I dont think its very professional to advise someone else to do so. Whats the point of paying for a high end colour but using it with generic developer you may aswell use a cheaper colour brand and use the correct developer the performance will probably be the same as using wella with a generic developer.

I advised to use 1.9. That being welloxen.
we use welloxon. we also have generic peroxides too. Im simply saying I notice no difference.
Im good at my job and get great colour results, huge clientelle and manage a salon at the age of 26.
Leave it out people I said id look at the insurance tommorrow.
Im sure theres someone in another thead that need ur legal advise.

♥♡

^^ wella paul mitchell and evo...
Colour would be wella. Thank you!
♥♡

Then you may want to change your website hun

I advised to use 1.9. That being welloxen.
we use welloxon. we also have generic peroxides too. Im simply saying I notice no difference.
Im good at my job and get great colour results, huge clientelle and manage a salon at the age of 26.
Leave it out people I said id look at the insurance tommorrow.
Im sure theres someone in another thead that need ur legal advise.

♥♡

I fail to see what relevance you managing a salon at 26 has to do with anything? Im 22 opened my salon at 19 have a great team and won several awards...does that make me good at my job no its passion and enthusiasm and striving for the best standards I can achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back