Using Koleston colour but I have no pastel, what can I use to substitute?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you may want to change your website hun

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Makes no sense! sorry why would I want to do that?

Id like to apolise to anyone I may have offended.

♥♡

Makes no sense! sorry why would I want to do that?

Id like to apolise to anyone I may have offended.

♥♡

Because of it says on your website Wella, Tigi and Paul Mitchell. I qm just trying to be helpful x
1377038390589.jpg

My ex boss stocked the cheaper peroxides most of the time or made us water them down when she hadn't placed an order in time..
Since going on my own and using the correct ones I've noticed such a difference in grey coverage and definitely in comfort for the client, Ive never looked back.

The OP is asking for herself so its on her own back but I wouldn't use a cheap peroxide on a clients scalp x

Because of it says on your website Wella, Tigi and Paul Mitchell. I qm just trying to be helpful x
View attachment 40975

Although here is where you say that's not your salon and I look a twit

Absolutely is of no relevance at all being 26 and managing a salon. I didnt qualify u till the age of 21.
Its cool, ur all right and much better than me..
Congrats on ur awards by the way.
I have no passion or enthusiasm.

Giving up on this thread I will not made to feel irrelevant.

♥♡

Although here is where you say that's not your salon and I look a twit

Where did you get that from ive never seen it before in my life!!
♥♡

Absolutely is of no relevance at all being 26 and managing a salon. I didnt qualify u till the age of 21.
Its cool, ur all right and much better than me..
Congrats on ur awards by the way.
I have no passion or enthusiasm.

Giving up on this thread I will not made to feel irrelevant.

♥♡

Haha then why did you feel the need to bring it up :s ....nobody said you were irrelevant I simply gave my opinion on using generic developers and the reasons I chose not too.......no need to be so defensive.

What is it with this bloody forum nowadays you challenge someones theories and all hell brakes loose !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Our website is undergoing maintanence as we are switching the booking/marketing systems

♥♡

Wow people calm down. You can all respectfully disagree. Its not for you to control what someone else does and I think we all live our lives differently. What is a harsh comment going to change? How about just saying "I disagree and here is why.."

Nearlyme thats not our website its braunstone gates.. not very impressive either lol!

Im only getting defensive as I feel everyone is being abit harsh. I advised the geek to use 1.9 being welloxen then threw in at a later date we mix we generic peroxides too...
Honestly I didnt realise there was an issue with the insurance.. which I now do and will sort tommorow.
Im sure if u go back through the tread and read it, it looks a little like bullying so u should understand the defensiveness.
:)

♥♡

Nearlyme thats not our website its braunstone gates.. not very impressive either lol!

Im only getting defensive as I feel everyone is being abit harsh. I advised the geek to use 1.9 being welloxen then threw in at a later date we mix we generic peroxides too...
Honestly I didnt realise there was an issue with the insurance.. which I now do and will sort tommorow.
Im sure if u go back through the tread and read it, it looks a little like bullying so u should understand the defensiveness.

♥♡
Its not bullying, its debate isn't it? :irked:

")

Last edited:
Where did you get that from ive never seen it before in my life!!
♥♡

Lol doh me lol x

I dont think this looks like bullying at all! Its a debate/ strong exchange of words in which you have been willingly implicit in joining.
I cant stand when people accuse people of bullying when they disagree with your view point :(

Ok well let agree to disagree.
I use both welloxen and generic.

Im never commenting again haha

Ok well let agree to disagree.
I use both welloxen and generic.

Im never commenting again haha

Why? You have made some interesting points and enlightened me on some salon practices.
Your opinion is just as valid as everyone else's, its YOURS so why shouldn't you share? But just remember that every one else has a right to an opinion, even if its different to yours, and they have a right to defend and share that opinion without being called a bully.

Point taken :)

♥♡

Skin test or not mate your insurance is still void for not following manufacturers instructions.....and i think you need to learn some manners instead of TRYING to be an insuferable know it all..........so dont comment on stuff you dont understand. ....dip****

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your feedback Theden it was very enlightening NOT! I dont know if you have read this thread from the beginning but you seem to be implying that im on a mission to get everyone to ditch manufacturers peroxide and go with wholesale brands. I was just suggesting a way that Bryna could use a volume of peroxide she was unable to obtain.

You call me insufferable yet your the one who is throwing wild accusations around. Calling people cheap skates and claiming to know the law. I personally don't use generic peroxide because as I said iv always dealt with reps and they generally supply peroxide free or other companies like renbow who do not stipulate that you have to use a particular brand of peroxide. I would never claim to know everything you never stop learning in hairdressing.

I don't use Wella(proctor and gamble) or L'oreal anymore anyway I don't see any point in using a companies who sell colour in Asda and claim celebs dye there own hair. I also don't like the fact that both of these companies test on animals. And as to getting sued it would never come to that as there would be no way of detecting which peroxide was used. Also for all those who say they notice different results when they use a non branded peroxide its merely a placebo effect if the product was mixed without them knowing there would be no difference. You need to open your mind a bit and lighten up its hairdressing we are discussing not brain surgery.

Thanks for your feedback Theden it was very enlightening NOT! I dont know if you have read this thread from the beginning but you seem to be implying that im on a mission to get everyone to ditch manufacturers peroxide and go with wholesale brands. I was just suggesting a way that Bryna could use a volume of peroxide she was unable to obtain.

You call me insufferable yet your the one who is throwing wild accusations around. Calling people cheap skates and claiming to know the law. I personally don't use generic peroxide because as I said iv always dealt with reps and they generally supply peroxide free or other companies like renbow who do not stipulate that you have to use a particular brand of peroxide. I would never claim to know everything you never stop learning in hairdressing.

I don't use Wella(proctor and gamble) or L'oreal anymore anyway I don't see any point in using a companies who sell colour in Asda and claim celebs dye there own hair. I also don't like the fact that both of these companies test on animals. And as to getting sued it would never come to that as there would be no way of detecting which peroxide was used. Also for all those who say they notice different results when they use a non branded peroxide its merely a placebo effect if the product was mixed without them knowing there would be no difference. You need to open your mind a bit and lighten up its hairdressing we are discussing not brain surgery.

No I definitely noticed a difference.
I didn't tell my clients there was a change. When asked how it felt on their scalp they commented on how 'it wasn't itchy at all this time'

This has been an amusing read.

To the OP - personally through experience, you do get better results with the correct brand. I have crossed brands in the past on my own hair, and honestly sometimes its been fine others its been uncomfortable to put it one way. Our colour houses we chose all differ slightly and the reason we chose them is for their differences... Staying power, vibrancy, hair condition, shine, hold, etc etc etc and to get optimum results you need the correct brands. You will be able to get OKAY results by using an alternate, but its not advised nor is it going to give you the same or best results. If you are toning down use a Demi or 3% or another range you can get both together, as a one off may not hurt, but don't do it on your clients.

To the one (forgot your name) who always uses cheap peroxides - it's false advertising saying you use something you don't.

To SI - your long over complicated trying to prove all shampoos are the same all peroxides are the same as their top 5 ingredients are the same.... As said previously its not necessarily the ingredient but the volume, concentration and quality of said ingredient mixed with other ingredients that make the difference and how they interact with everything else. In this instance, of course all 3%s are going to be similar from range to range, they do the same job, but they all do it ever so slightly different with their own brand than with another as on their own they would do nothing. It's when they are mixed with the colour that the magic happens. It like a supermarkets own peri peri sauce, its ok but it's not as good as the real peri peri... And I can presume that on closer inspection their top 5 will prob be the same too.

If we broke everything down we would get all shampoos to have the same ingredients as washing up liquid, even paint stripper, its the quantity, quality and everything its mixed with that changes what is in that bottle compared to another.

To the bully word thrower - No ones bullying, stating facts and opinions is all that is going on here. Disagreeing is not bullying.

And I agree with the cheapskate comment. It's like what my old boss used to do by putting gallon cheap shampoo in a matrix bottle to use at the backwash...... Hmmmmm saying that she never crossed brands and she knew her hair colours!

Also the getting sued no one will know.. This is a public forum, those who have admitted it, are now in black and white for everyone (including their customers) to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back