Using Koleston colour but I have no pastel, what can I use to substitute?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/121431-any-hair-tints-not-tested-animals.html

Of course this is now irrelevant since the UK 2013 ban.

But every chemical we use as hair professionals has in fact at some point been tested on some poor animal whether we like it or not.

Maybe newer less known brands have never personally tested their products on animals but the chemicals they use to make their products certainly have been in the past.

Just incase anyone was having a little freak out that they were using a brand that currently tested on animals 😊🐾💕

http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/121431-any-hair-tints-not-tested-animals.html

Of course this is now irrelevant since the UK 2013 ban.

But every chemical we use as hair professionals has in fact at some point been tested on some poor animal whether we like it or not.

Maybe newer less known brands have never personally tested their products on animals but the chemicals they use to make their products certainly have been in the past.

Just incase anyone was having a little freak out that they were using a brand that currently tested on animals 😊🐾💕

Eerrr what is the relevance?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

So this has gone a litte of topic.... Bryna, did you do the colour? x

Eerrr what is the relevance?

Unless I have posted on the wrong thread, someone had made a reference to not wishing to use the L'oreal and Wella Brands and one of the reasons being that they are tested on animals.

I was just saying that now that the ban has been passed no products sold in the UK are allowed to be tested on animals, although they sadly had been in the past.

So this has gone a litte of topic.... Bryna, did you do the colour? x

Ha Ha, I think that for once a thread has stayed ON topic, that topic being whether a substitute developer is a good idea, the whole thread is a debate about that. :Love: <3 <3 (just adding a few hearts - keeping it real)

Unless I have posted on the wrong thread, someone had made a reference to not wishing to use the L'oreal and Wella Brands and one of the reasons being that they are tested on animals.

I was just saying that now that the ban has been passed no products sold in the UK are allowed to be tested on animals, although they sadly had been in the past.

Wrong thread. Or maybe I am missing something

Thanks for your feedback Theden it was very enlightening NOT! I dont know if you have read this thread from the beginning but you seem to be implying that im on a mission to get everyone to ditch manufacturers peroxide and go with wholesale brands. I was just suggesting a way that Bryna could use a volume of peroxide she was unable to obtain.

You call me insufferable yet your the one who is throwing wild accusations around. Calling people cheap skates and claiming to know the law. I personally don't use generic peroxide because as I said iv always dealt with reps and they generally supply peroxide free or other companies like renbow who do not stipulate that you have to use a particular brand of peroxide. I would never claim to know everything you never stop learning in hairdressing.

I don't use Wella(proctor and gamble) or L'oreal anymore anyway I don't see any point in using a companies who sell colour in Asda and claim celebs dye there own hair. I also don't like the fact that both of these companies test on animals. And as to getting sued it would never come to that as there would be no way of detecting which peroxide was used. Also for all those who say they notice different results when they use a non branded peroxide its merely a placebo effect if the product was mixed without them knowing there would be no difference. You need to open your mind a bit and lighten up its hairdressing we are discussing not brain surgery.

Nearlyme, it was this comment from Simon that prompted the animal welfare comments. :)

Wrong thread. Or maybe I am missing something

Apologies, I was half asleep when I was reading and replying last night.

What a read ;)

I do agree it isn't bullying, but I disagree it is just debate.
It is somewhere in between and that is worrying.

Why do people feel the need to be so aggressive and rude?
It is always the same people, and a certain group of geeks that if one gets involved in a thread the rest jump in being increasingly rude and personal causing a thread to spiral out of control and off topic.

Yes you feel passionate about wrong, potentially dangerous, information being given out and this is an educational site therefore it has to be corrected and the proper instructions given.
BUT there are ways of doing it, and name calling, insulting, and for goodness sake, looking up people's websites and posting the information here (and getting it wrong!!) is more of a witch hunt than being helpful. That is unacceptable behaviour !

State your case,back it up with information, and debate intelligently!
People will learn from it and threads here will serve to help the many people who come here to read and learn, who in turn will join and either ask more questions or give informed answers.

As it is all the outside world and lurkers see are petty little squabbles and then resolve never to ask anything on here again.

Yet another thread closed, I hope the the Op is not too dismayed at what happened within her thread and got enough information to solve her problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back