Using Nailzoo's youtube movies for ad .....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvanne

Reaction score
I Came across this ad Fast Forms and to my suprise nailzoo's movie is used to promote fake Popits. What do you think, Is this ok or not?

That all depends as to whether he's given permission for them to use his work.
I'm not sure re rights of ownership when videos are posted on Youtube.

Might be best to send him a private message or email :D

Stupid :grr: I never tought about the fact that they could have asked him . Lets just hope they did , and I am proven to be a real '' Blond" again :lol:

How can you determine if they are fake popits or just a different make of a similar thing.....are tips made by other companies fake....??

The Edge do freeforms.They look very similar and work in the same way as popits.

No you can not say that tips from a other brand are fake but in a other ad they said that they are Popits and there not. So to me that is fake

I'd reserve judgement until its confirmed one way or the other if they have permission or not to call Popits something else I think.

They may just be cashing in on the name but until you know for sure its a risky thing saying fake :hug:

I'd reserve judgement until its confirmed one way or the other if they have permission or not to call Popits something else I think.

They may just be cashing in on the name but until you know for sure its a risky thing saying fake :hug:

Ok you have point but,why should any one sell real Popits and give them a other name? It is getting real confussing to me :|

Popits are a name.But other companies have the same concept whoever made them first should have got a patent on them.

they do not have my permission and have been asked to remove their link, my video is branded with copyright and it is in relation to Popits/Dual System Forms, not some fake crap.
Gillian, there is a patent on them, it's printed on each form

they do not have my permission and have been asked to remove their link, my video is branded with copyright and it is in relation to Popits/Dual System Forms, not some fake crap.

The cheeky devils can you sue ??

Shouldn't The edge be in a spot of bother then.They are a big company and if they have copied the design thats a bit naughty.Although maybe they are slightly different .....they don't look it though.

i cant remember where the uk's popit were sourced from...was it a spanish / south american company?? They also distribute to many other countries quite legitimately. You can see this on their website. It is just sweet squared that choose to call them popits. What they call them in other countries i dont kniow. I understood that S2 were he sole distributers of this particular product (from this website) in the uk...even though there are some other copycat products on the market.
I think it is realy bad by the way that they have used your video without permission!!!

sorry i found the link i was looking for...........

YS NailS - New Products

Shouldn't The edge be in a spot of bother then.They are a big company and if they have copied the design thats a bit naughty.Although maybe they are slightly different .....they don't look it though.

They haven't copied, they are a different form of these nails, (just like other tips copy each other)....they look different, otherwise all tips would be in breach.

Pfff I am kind of relieved that I wasnt wrong about my judgement, I will think before I speak in the Future. Hope fore Nailzoo that will remove the link, I do understand that you dont want to linked to fake's

My daughter set up a fan site or a favouite group of hers. A lot of the text was pinched by one of the TV Music channels and they put it on their website. She complained to them and they sent her £500. Might be a little money in it for you Nailzoo!

Last edited:
They haven't copied, they are a different form of these nails, (just like other tips copy each other)....they look different, otherwise all tips would be in breach.

Ah i see...i think.

The link has now gone , if they had asked my permission, I may have considered it (if the product was original), but it's unfair to use genuine material when they may be promoting a fake product, they were very quick to respond (and I appreciate that).

There was nothing much else on the site...... if only people would ask first!!!

Latest posts

Back