Using PopIts with gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendy malley

Reaction score
Has anyone mastered gel with popits I've tried the clips but its a bit hit and miss. If anyone can do them could they explain how, the idiots guide if possible,:eek: and stop me getting in a sticky mess!!!!!!!!! Thanks xx :irked::)

Last edited:
I use the clips and get on fine with them. Not hit and miss. If you are getting into a sticky mess then I suggest you are using too much gel in the PopIt. The gel really shouldn't seep .. But you need a nice light touch when applying the PopIt. It is important too, that the clips you use do not clamp the PopIt to tightly to the nail and cause the gel to seep.

I do one or two nails at a time and cure for one minute using the clips and then remove the PopIts. When I have completed all ten fingers, then I cure the whole hand or five fingers at once again in my CND UV lamp for a further two minutes to make certain of a complete cure. No need to apply a finishing gloss at the end, which saves more minutes off the service time.

ok thanks I'll try again my clients love them with l+p and I've now got that but I am finding the gel very difficult :lol:

Well using gel in the PopIt is a trickier procedure for sure, but just like anything else, when you get more used to the whole manipulation of it all, it gets MUCH easier. :hug:

What kind of clips do you use Geeg?

What kind of clips do you use Geeg?

I got some from Claire's Accessories first and since from the Chinese shop here where I live. Every time I see one that is right I pick a few up, and they are a small round childs hair clip. Just big enough to go around the end of the finger without squeezing it but just holding the PopIt in place.

I think a penny may have just dropped, one size doesn't fit all. I need to look for different sized clips. :smack:It's the speed that the clients love as well as the perfect shape and shine. One thing I have noticed is that men seem to love the look of them and comment on them a lot, they cant decide if they are or aren't "false" :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back