Using products for Gift Bags advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missymish

Reaction score
I need some advice on this.

I was thinking of putting together a little gift bag/aftercare gift for some of my spray tan clients.

The kits I have from my supplier cost me about £4.50 by the time I have factored in VAT, delivery etc. So I dont really want to give these away for free!

So what I was thinking of doing was getting some small plastic bottles (as I can get these for free from someone) and then in one putting in some oil free mosituriser and in the other some exfoliator, I have huge packs of these so it will be relatively cheap to do. Then just jazz it up and put in a little gift bag.

So my questions are:
1. Is this ok to do health and safety wise
2. Am I allowed to do this (I am not charging so I cant think of any retail problems/rules)

I do sell retail size versions of these so I am hoping these little tester gifts which havent cost me much to put together will help promote the retail sizes.

Ideas anyone?

I've asked a similar q about Xmas gifts. The main advice seemed to be that as you're not selling them it's OK but include a safety label to list what's in them /any warnings

Thanks for the reply, I thought I would probably have to put a little label on for the ingredients etc.

All this health and safety malarky does my head in :rolleyes:

Better to be safe than sorry!

Thanks for the reply, I thought I would probably have to put a little label on for the ingredients etc.

All this health and safety malarky does my head in :rolleyes:

Better to be safe than sorry!

As someone who is making their own range of bath & body products I can concur that H&S and labelling is a nightmare.

Yours should be somewhat easier though because you just need to copy the info from the labels of the original products & make sure that's somewhere with the ones you're giving out. Either as a stuck on label or even just a card with the giftset. As long as there is a point of reference you should be ok

Latest posts

Back