Utility registration company

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilsonBarberCo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm getting a load of calls every day from a suppose Utility Registration Company. I'm pretty sure since I'm registered with my electric and water there's no need for me to be registered with these people and that it's a con.

Anyone had a similar experience or any advice on getting rid of them? The one I spoke to yesterday got quite rude when I asked them to take my details off their system, and rang back today (twice!!) anyway!

Robyn x

Hi everyone,

I'm getting a load of calls every day from a suppose Utility Registration Company. I'm pretty sure since I'm registered with my electric and water there's no need for me to be registered with these people and that it's a con.

Anyone had a similar experience or any advice on getting rid of them? The one I spoke to yesterday got quite rude when I asked them to take my details off their system, and rang back today (twice!!) anyway!

Robyn x

They are a absolute pain and con artists! They are merely a broker to try get you to sign up with them while going through a energy company themselves and you pay a higher rate for this.

You need to tell them if they keep ringing you will be filling harassment claims and instructing your solicitor to take action.

They are a absolute pain and con artists! They are merely a broker to try get you to sign up with them while going through a energy company themselves and you pay a higher rate for this.

You need to tell them if they keep ringing you will be filling harassment claims and instructing your solicitor to take action.

Thanks so much for your reply. They're a total pain! I'm just glad I haven't fallen for it, heard some real horror stories!

I'll I've your advice a try, thank you!

they are an absolute pain!! banner penguin is right they are a broker - they call non stop !! i only opened my salon 2 weeks ago and they have my details already and are pestering me - i told them to remove my details from their systems as or i will be charging them for my time and will invoice them for my trouble - i havent heard back yet .....

just be firm and disregard them xx

they are an absolute pain!! banner penguin is right they are a broker - they call non stop !! i only opened my salon 2 weeks ago and they have my details already and are pestering me - i told them to remove my details from their systems as or i will be charging them for my time and will invoice them for my trouble - i havent heard back yet .....

just be firm and disregard them xx

Thanks for the reply! Think I'm just going to have to be more firm with them x

I had this too a couple of years back in the end I googled like a maniac and found head office called with a complaint and they soon stopped calling. Complete con artists that sign you up to change suppliers without you realising by makog you afraid that you are not complying with some made up register law

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had this earlier in the year- harrassed me for weeks!
On one occasion, during a reshellac service I had 18 missed calls from them.

I dont even deal with the utilities as I rent a room and its inclusive of my rent- I told them and still they continued.... steer well clear they are a pain.

Omg I am bein so harrassed by these people, I wish I had known this a few weeks ago, my salon is only 2 months in and every day they are hounding me. I called my energy supplier thinking it was cos they hadn't registered me properly and they advised me to do this telephone preference scheme which you can do on line for free. I did it but will take 28 days to kick in so still get calls although not so much. I just hang up now as soon as I know it's them. No one warns you of all this when you set up a business, I knew it would be hard but did not bank on the amount of sales calls I get, I started off so polite but now I have no time for them!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your replies everyone- glad I'm not the only one!

A quick update- just had another call, the girl was insistent I give her my details (she didn't even know my name). I asked politely for her to remove my details from their system as I believe they are just a broker. Her reply? 'Oh just f*** off then'

My goodness! I couldn't believe it! :o

Latest posts

Back