UV dangers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emches

Reaction score
A bit of paranoia here but with all the hype of the dangers of sun beds and UV rays, does anyone know if the uv lamps used for curing gel nails is dangerous?!

I know it's only small but I just wondered if there is anything in it!

A bit of paranoia here but with all the hype of the dangers of sun beds and UV rays, does anyone know if the uv lamps used for curing gel nails is dangerous?!

Hi and welcome to salon geek.

There is minimal UV output from these lamps and as such there is absolutley no danger whatsoever :hug:

Hoping that helps

Hi and welcome to salon geek.

There is minimal UV output from these lamps and as such there is absolutley no danger whatsoever :hug:

Hoping that helps

That's what I would have thought. The lamp is probably a pretty low wattage (power output) and so quite safe; probably no more dangerous than the UV lights at a night club.

now i might be wrong , so correct me if i am,
but i thought that sun beds had uvb rays which cause burning. browning of skin
where as uv lamps for curing uv gel is uva rays and doesnt affect the skins ability to change colour or burn as in sun beds.

like i said im not sure i may have it the wrong way round
in fact i will go and check brb

I thought sunbeds had uv and uva light the uva rays being the harmful ones, the uv light isnt harmful, I know I read it somewhere ...just cant remeber where ..xx

I thought sunbeds had uv and uva light the uva rays being the harmful ones, the uv light isnt harmful, I know I read it somewhere ...just cant remeber where ..xx

As far as I know, the UV spectrum is split up into UVA, UVB and UVC.

UVA is the least dangerous; UVC is the most dangerous. That's because the frequency of the radiation (and its energy) increases from UVA through to UVC.

UVA has only slightly more energy than visible violet light; UVC is closer to X-rays in energy.

Forget your worry .... UV Lamps for nails are not harmful/dangerous.

Latest posts

Back