uv lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelxdevil

Geeky Sac Waxer
Reaction score
Hi girlies

I finally purchased the akzentz trial kit and used it for the first time today. Was please with the one nail I did on myself but when I did a set for a friend of mine they just wouldn't cure/set.

Would it be my uv lamp??? I know it's 9w so it's pretty basic.

Does anyone have one for sale they want to get rid of?

Or point me in the right direction to get a nice one. What sort of wattage should I be looking for to get the best results?:rolleyes:

Hi Sarah

I have just bought a uv lamp off ebay! (don't all shout at me at once!!)

I have a bio sculpture lamp, i think it has x2 9w bulb (correct me if im wrong) the only problem i have with it is that you can't cure the whole hand at once, you have to put the thumbs seperatly which takes more time and time is money!!

I have just ordered a lamp from ebay for 0.01p can you believe it - 1pence! The postage was £28.90 so altogether £29.91p

This new lamp has x4 9w bulbs with 2 at the sides so you can cure the thumbs at the same time as the fingers. I haven't recieved it yet - but can't wait to check it out in the salon!

Nina :)x

Hi Sarah,

First question . How old are your bulbs ?A far as I am aware Akzentz cures in a 9w lamp. UV bulbs do not blow they just loose their power over a period of time . If your bulbs are old this could be the problem :)

Karen

www.lightelegance.co.uk

pinknails said:
Hi Sarah

I have just bought a uv lamp off ebay! (don't all shout at me at once!!)

I have a bio sculpture lamp, i think it has x2 9w bulb (correct me if im wrong) the only problem i have with it is that you can't cure the whole hand at once, you have to put the thumbs seperatly which takes more time and time is money!!

I have just ordered a lamp from ebay for 0.01p can you believe it - 1pence! The postage was £28.90 so altogether £29.91p

This new lamp has x4 9w bulbs with 2 at the sides so you can cure the thumbs at the same time as the fingers. I haven't recieved it yet - but can't wait to check it out in the salon!

Nina :)x

I purchased a 36 watt uv lamp from Ebay but mine was £30 with other nail accessories and I can honestly say you will never look back after buying it! It cures in no time at all, its fab :green:

HI

Bio use a 36 watt lamp and this cures Akzentz no problem. However I'm not sure if a 9w would do the trick or not.

Best ring Karen at nailsplusbeauty.com....she is very helpful and will happily advise you on the lamp requirements - I only know about using my bio lamp with Akzentz because I asked her.

You can contact them on 01273 677993 or pm her as "Nailtech" on here

Akzentz cures with 9watt bulbs. I think it is more likely your bulbs have lost power.

thanks girls x

Might pop along to Karens site as I'm sure they sell the lights as well x

You can definitely use a lamp with just one 9-watt lamp to cure Akzentz however, I would recommend using a 36-watt lamp to get the most even cure.

I find it very strange it cured on you and not your friend. What gels did you use on your friend? You can PM me if you like or just reply on here. I'd be happy to help you out!

Carmen

I just bought a tunnel lamp from nailiteinc.com that uses 4 x 9w bulbs.
LOVING IT.

Price is way reasonable too!
TUNNEL LAMP 110 volt KIT
comes with 1 oz gel & gel brush
Your Price: $69.97- KIT

(note: US funds)
Your Price: $59.99 LAMP ONLY
OR
TUNNEL LAMP 220 volt kit comes with 1 oz gel & gel brush
OUTSIDE US ONLY
Your Price: $69.97 - KIT

Your Price: $59.99 LAMP ONLY

I got a 9w lamp to use with akzentz from nailsplusbeauty for £29.99 and it's fine i bought it with my starter kit.

Victoria

How much did it cost for shipping from Nailite? I ordered from them a couple of years ago and the shipping costs were aou of this world!

:Scared: someone please help . Does anyone or has anyone used a different uv lamp while using bio sculpture gels. I Dont want to folk out £110 to get a bio sulpture lamp, if your using bio sculpture gels and are curing with a different lamp and it cures please spread the light. thanks so much:rolleyes:

does this lamp cure bio sculpture gels??

Latest posts

Back