UV-topcoat over l&p?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLimitNails

Reaction score
Hi all:hug:

No this is not a "can you" question LOL

Whenever I use a uv-topcoat over l&p I se lifting when they return, and the l&p feels so dry (like they haven't used solar oil) My clients comes every 3 or 4 week (that's the norm in DK). If no art I just buff to a high shine, and no lifting...

My question is those of you who use uv-topcoat how often do your clients come in?? and do you use a buff off or a soak off?? Maybe 3 -4 weeks under topcoat is taking it to far...

My thought is that the topcoat prevents the solar oil from penetrating properly,leaving the l&p too dry??? I now use airdry or supershiney, but some of them would like it to be a bit more permanent IYGWIM...

I had a wee idea that maybe a soak off topcoat would let more oil through, if that was the problem???

I use Brisa UV Topcoat on my L&P clients they come to me every 2-3 weeks I have never found the condition of the L&P any different from clients who don't have a topcoat.
Brisa is designed to allow Solar Oil to penetrate through right to the natural nail so using over L&P will not make it dry out or cause lifting.
:hug:

Thats good to hear (or hear again, as I remember I have heard it before LOL), come to think of it I don't think I have tried finishing gloss:rolleyes: I cannot say why?? Stupid me:smack:

I have tried a lot of other uv-topcoats (entity, ez-flow, ibd intense seal) on the clients and lifting is an issue or if not lifted then that feeling of it being to dry to file flush to the nail without a line (oh just hate when I cannot explain properly)

Latest posts

Back