Vent!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbckho

Reaction score
All day today I was bombarded by a specific type of client I like to call "the helper". People with this disease suffer from:
Overly stiff fingers
An uncanny ability to move in the wrong direction trying to "assist" you
An even more uncanny ability to move period
Mouth diarrhea involving telling you what to do next
They are able to resist letting you see what you're doing because they want to see what you're doing better
Complaining that they cannot relax
ETC.
I'm pooped.

The finger bobbing up & down as your trying to fit a form!!
Had them all in yesterday too!!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha the overly stiff finger- yes I get a lot of these too!
And the ones that you either have to climb over your desk to get to their nails or try and pull their arm over so you can reach lol!

Haha the overly stiff finger- yes I get a lot of these too!
And the ones that you either have to climb over your desk to get to their nails or try and pull their arm over so you can reach lol!

That made me laugh out loud!!! What a vision!!

Best one I had (mobile) was the client shouting her 13 year old daughter to make her a bacon and egg sandwich, then shouting all the instructions at top volume through to the kitchen (this invloved a LOT of hand and foot movement and I was doing Shellac fingers and toes). Then the bacon sandwich was eaten with the hands I'd just Shellac'd. Luckily I'd moved onto the toes at that point. NIGHTMARE!
Hx

... Putting elbows on the wrist rest! (they think that's what it's for)
... Telling me that edge looks a little rough! (before I change grit)
... that colour looks a little splotchy (after one coat)!
... Did you cap the edge? I have done every nail and they don't even know what it means!
... Snacking on peanuts when I'm not looking or scratching picking up lint on the tacky layer. (I'm mobile)
... and of course, YES, moving hands/fingers the wrong way trying to help, tilting hands to see themselves and I can't!
I have days like this too and I just correct and make silly jokes of it.

Last edited:
Using their phone!!! Annoying,especially when they pick up fluff as they do it gahhhh

Booked in for File and Polish - Oh....don't I get a massage? Er...No!

Client rings hubby - daaaarrrrrrling, darrrrrlllllling have you been to the butcher? Turns to me and says, "one only gets the best cuts of meat from one's butcher"! Really??

I apply hand scrub....client puts stiff arms out in front like a zombie from Resident Evil and stays like that whilst your reaching up trying to do a lovely scrub with exfoliate dripping down to your elbows!

Life in the Salon is never dull!!

I had a lady pick up a magazine while her soak off was on, fine by me because I find it boring myself sitting there. All grand until she kept trying to read it while I was removing said soak off and CONTINUED to try to read it while I was doing her shellac again. Turning the pages before putting her hand into the lamp etc. I was tempted to literally smack her across the head with the magazine and fling it across the room.

I've had a few 'wars' with clients that, too, suffer from this disease. I normally give their hands a quick massage. (And by quick I mean 10-20 seconds) and that normally relaxes them a little.

I had a lady pick up a magazine while her soak off was on, fine by me because I find it boring myself sitting there. All grand until she kept trying to read it while I was removing said soak off and CONTINUED to try to read it while I was doing her shellac again. Turning the pages before putting her hand into the lamp etc. I was tempted to literally smack her across the head with the magazine and fling it across the room.

😂😂😂

Felicity xx

Lady who insists on bringing her own base, colour & top coat and likes to tell me which is which and what purpose they are used for and in which order to use them.. I am trained you know!!!

Insists that she must have three coats of colour as it looks better (made no difference just as opaque as two coats) and then insists on telling me that they are dry (she knows as it's her polish) I warn her that they are not dry but of course she knows best.. And what happens? "Oh dear they've smudged" she whips out her top coat and applies another coat whilst sitting on the sofa!!! 😂 people always think they know best.

Felicity xx

I have a lady who has been having Gelish before she came to me so she thinks she is helping by rolling her finger as I'm applying 😳the amount times I have to get the orangewood stick out and take if off the skin it's touched where is she's moved is absolutely ridiculous lol.
Also that cringeworthy moment where your client picks colours that blatantly do not go together or are just not right for their skin tone, you try politely to redirect them but they are adamant! I hate those ones 😆

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

Hairdressers who come for a pedi after 12 hour day in their primark shoes, feet stinking and hair stuck between their toes.....

The girl who's a qualified nail technician but only does Gelish because she "hates everything else"
Has a SHELLAC treatment every time and spends every minute scrolling through Facebook on her phone;
Then asks me if my product is real because it's totally different to Gelish!
Go home

Love this thread!!
Can relate to so much haha 😂 x

Today I had the lady that wouldn't listen, I was doing a French shellac... she puts her hand in the light while I bend over to pick up the top coat bottle I accidentally knocked over with my elbow (telling her not to put her hand in the light), her nails weren't cleaned so.the smile line would be perfect...... Perfect. French. Ruined.....
She was followed by the beotch that kept falling asleep and wondering where all the dents in her nails were coming from (she would jump and hit random things) took me three stupid hours to do an acrylic set with simple nail polish and one accent nail with strawberries. Choke. Me. Now.

Yep, most recent pain was a girl that knew every single shellac colour, and obviously wanted the one I didn't have, said about other local salons that are head to toe cnd, I didn't have two lamps so she hand to cross her arms, 'oh just scrape it off with the metal one' when removing other said salons shellac, then pointed out that the other salons are very expensive, trying to tell me my job all the way through, ended up taking forever as I was paranoid about doing a good job, seriously hoping she decides the over salons are more to her taste!!!

Latest posts

Back