VERY dark circles under eyes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyRose-x

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good eye cream/gel that eliminates or that can help eliminate dark circles under eyes?
It sometimes LITERALLY looks like I've been punched in each eye - and I'm only 18.. eek. :L

Can anybody help? :)

I haven't tried and tested any products for dark eyes but a good peach concealer should help to disguise. I've got black eyes too so I'm interested to see if there is any miracle products out there.

Hi, some factors that could contribute to dark circles under the eyes is dehydration, genetics, iron deficiency, lack of sleep, allergies, fluid retention, thinning skin - I'm sure other geeks will know of other reasons. So you may find that its not a great cream you need but to look deeper into the reason why you have dark circles at such a young age. If in doubt seek professional advice. Good luck in clearing them up x

Having spoken to a consultant about this exact problem he advised me that the dark shadows you can see under the eyes is pooled blood and that any amount of creams and potions and serums will not do a thing. As viva.glam has said though you can use good concealers to disguise the problem.

One of my clients had a friend who had a procedure which cost her £2000 to drain this blood away from the area.

Jacqui xx

Hi, some factors that could contribute to dark circles under the eyes is dehydration, genetics, iron deficiency, lack of sleep, allergies, fluid retention, thinning skin - I'm sure other geeks will know of other reasons. So you may find that its not a great cream you need but to look deeper into the reason why you have dark circles at such a young age. If in doubt seek professional advice. Good luck in clearing them up x

I put mine down to my Italian nose! Haha!

If you have really dark circles under your eyes , you will need to conceal in 2 steps. First you will need to apply a colour corrector , the bobbi brown ones are the best i've come across they come in pink and peach tones depending on your own skin tone, powder that with a very lightweight translucent powder, like mac prep and prime translucent powder, then conceal with your normal shade of concealer and powder lightly again. use a good colour corrector and concealer, i.e one that is highly pigmented so that you only have to use the tiniest bit of it to get good coverage, anything heavy will crease under the eye. hope that helps

Agreed, I too have 'panda eyes', and Bobbi Brown correctors and concealers are by far the best. Believe me I've tried everything, the creams are just a waste of money!!

After reading the first post I was eagerly reading on only to find the answers are make up - no good for those of us that dont wear make up.

If there is anyone out there with any tips to help lessen these dreaded dark circles without using make up I'd be thrilled to hear your thoughts.

When I do wear make up (which is very, very rare) I use a basic consealerif I have to, eyeshadow, eyeliner and lipstick. I dont use a foundation or a powder I use as little make up as I can.

Latest posts

Back