Very dry hands, help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liene

Reaction score
Hi I am wondering if someone can help me. One of my customers hands are so dry that skin is peeling off. I have to be so careful when doing her nails, if I press too hard on her fingers, skin cracks causing bleeding. She said she is using hand cream a lot and cuticle oil too but it doesn't seem to help. Her hands are in a water quiet a lot. Is there anything she could try to make it better? Please help!

Sounds like she needs to visit a doctor first for some treatment. When the skin is better you could do very gentle exfoliation. Hand masks with parrafin treatments would work a treat:)

Sounds like she needs to visit a doctor first for some treatment. When the skin is better you could do very gentle exfoliation. Hand masks with parrafin treatments would work a treat:)
Ok thank you ;)

Hi I am wondering if someone can help me. One of my customers hands are so dry that skin is peeling off. I have to be so careful when doing her nails, if I press too hard on her fingers, skin cracks causing bleeding. She said she is using hand cream a lot and cuticle oil too but it doesn't seem to help. Her hands are in a water quiet a lot. Is there anything she could try to make it better? Please help!
She needs to wear gloves if she’s in water a lot! Has she not seen a doctor? You might try Melrose hand creme. It’s great for dry cracked heels. Also, All Nutrient is an organic line and their shampoos and conditioners can be used as body wash and body lotion. The Hydrate conditioner is a yummy and very healing, moisturizing body/hand lotion.

She definitely needs to wear gloves when her hands are in water. At night, maybe some gentle hand cream and wear cotton gloves.

If the skin is peeling and cracking she should see a doctor - that's not normal even if she has her hands in water a lot.
If she doesn't wear gloves then perhaps she has a sensitivity or allergy to detergent or chemical in the water?
It would be interesting to see if her skin improved after wearing gloves for a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Back