Very new to fake tan and have questions, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baby11

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I am 27 years old and never used fake tan before apart from when I went to a salon 4 years ago to get it done professionally, so I thought. The tan I had developed over a few hours and it was terrible. My Mum had it done as well as we we're both patchy, uneven, dark and light in some areas and I thought I will never do it again. One bad experience is enough.

Now though 4 years on summer is coming and Im off to Spain in June and I want a bit of colour to my oh so pale skin. This time I wanted to be safe and bought Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion and after prep I applied to to my legs and waited until the morning to look at the results. To my surpise it was subitle but I could tell :) in some areas though like my feet, knees etc were darker than others. :-(
I want to apply Dove Summer Glow all over but I have some questions:

* Which fake tan is brilliant for pale skin but wants to build it gradually like Dove Summer Glow? (Going to use Dove product up first)
* How do I apply fake tan to my back properly?
* More importantely is there a product I can buy and use to remove fake tan mistakes in the morning?
* How do you apply fake tan to your face properly?
* How do I make my fake tan application look natural?

THANK YOU

Forgot to say I have also bought Ecotan Accelerator to use before my holiday so I still want to use this.

Last edited:
I'm sorry and don't mean to sound rude but we are professionals. We are not going to tell people how to do treatments on themselves.
Your best bet would be to go to a salon and have it applied by a professional. You have just had a bad experience. It doesnt mean you will do again. Go to someone that you have heard has a good reputation.
I'm sure there are some geeks on here that are not far from you.
xxx

Yes I know you are and I didnt mean anything bad by it :) I cant afford for someone to do it for me and would like to do it myself for that reason.

Yes I know you are and I didnt mean anything bad by it :) I cant afford for someone to do it for me and would like to do it myself for that reason.

Just FYI the dove product I believe only contains 1 or 2 % DHA content(the bit that tans you) if you go to a salon and purchase a tan extender from them the chances are that the DHA content would be far higher...up to 6%.
It will be a tad more expensive from a professional salon however you will get...well a professional product which will tan you much more effectively.

In terms of your back....like applying sun block...you really are better getting someone to apply it for you....much better even application and if you can ask some sexy Italian stallion to apply it for you on the beach...a tad more fun I wager :wink2:

Good luck and have a good holiday...oh and watch out for them there Italian studs...they are soooo full of **it it begs belief..they will promise you the earth.:rolleyes:...dont believe them :eek::lol::lol: LOL

Thanks Collin, just as well I am married then init with a 20 month old daughter lol wont see them for dust

Thanks Collin, just as well I am married then init with a 20 month old daughter lol wont see them for dust

opps hope he isn't a 20 year old Italian stallion that your married to ...that would be embarrassing LOL:o

Latest posts

Back