very oily/wet hands BIG PROBLEM need help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extensionten

Reaction score
One of my new clients wanted sculpts pink and white... no problem.
Noticed she had very very clammy hands - not just your ordinary clammy but wet!! We got them dry, but within minutes back to the same. It wasnt too hot in the room and she said theyre always like it!
I use ezflow so I continued with my prep and carried on. First thing that happened (no surprise really) was that the form WOULD not stick. Finally got round that. I prepped one nail at a time as I thought the nails would just rehydrate immediately. etc.
By the time I had done the full set including the buffing the very first nail was ALREADY lifting!!! I am not the fastest tech so it was 2 hours later - omg.
Held my hands up and explained. I told her I did not think that they would be on very long. She had already told me in the consultation that she had never had a successful set, and that even in the chinese shop they lift and come away v v easily... then she chews the rest off!!!
Any way, wot would you guys do - have you had this problem. Bear in mind that I am chocka block with clients and family and it's all well and good trying this and that - but she will not be expecting to be shelling out every other day and to be honest I cannot afford to do it for free either.
Can I honestly say she is not suitable for enhancements and go the manicure route to beautiful nails?????
Cheers people! x :rolleyes:

I had a client like this, she also had paper thin nails. I used ezflow on her, make sure your prep is thorough and double dehydrate, double primer and don't make them too long. HTH

Sounds like she's on medication. Perhaps try Fabric or a fibreglass system.

Oh yes, I had one such client may years ago ... nightmare!!! Tell her to give up now any idea of ever being able to successfully wear nail enhancements (especially with her history of troubles).

Why persevere with this? It is a no win situation. These hands and nails will not accept product for more than a few days/hours.

I hope you made her pay for the set as with her previous history, she knew it was a 'long shot' when she asked you to perform the service. The fact that they lifted was nothing to do with you.

cheers guys
I have made the decision to take them off - if any are left by the time she gets here! and give her a manicure. I have told her she will be able to grow her own nails IF she follows my advice and also comes for regular mani's. I dont need the challenge right now - I am just starting out!
She isnt on medication and no medical conditions, diets - nothing out of the ordinary... she was honest about the fact that she has never had success before so we are cool. Just a shame she only has 3 weeks till xmas and she has her works do on sunday! oh well, it's only nails!
You just wonder what other techs do! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP EVERYONE.X

ValencianNails said:
yeah it's good... like she said on this thread and on the link: she has only had this once..... with v sweaty hands... that is exactly what I had. I am not saying I am brilliant, but I am thorough with my prep and I follow ezflow's prep using their products to the letter and I don't get problems normally.
well, that's one new thing I learnt.... on to the next!! lol:Scared:

Latest posts

Back