Very ouchie nail - advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfecttennails

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I need some advice on what is wrong with my nails? I know it is an error on my part but unfortunately, due to really crappy training and still waiting to retrain, I have no information on exactly what it is I've done?
I qualified at the beginning of February and have pretty much had extensions on my nails since then. Because I have nobody to practice on and also I have been led down the crap road of ASP which is horrible to my nails, I have changed the colour a lot and had to replace nails frequently. Just to clarify, I am a lot better on my work now, which I made sure was the case before I started doing nails on clients, but the other day I spoke to my trainer as I had problems removing the ASP signature colour and she recommended to soak my fingers in the soak off solution. I did this and it completely melted my tips and I ended up pulling them off.
I have now decided to leave my nails off and let them grow at their own accord, but on my forefinger nail and slightly on my middle finger nail, they are very sore to touch and have red marks on them as you can see in the picture.
The forefinger is particularly painful and feels a bit like there is a red hot needle going through the nail when ever I have pressure on the nail such as using it to pick things up and push against something. I am really sad as I've had a lot of problems and I'm now really worried that I have permanently damaged my nails which isn't really a great advert to my clients so I'm just wondering if anybody knows what I may have done or can recommend anything to ease the pain and to help the nail repair it self?
It sometimes feels quite hot when I'm not even doing anything with it, I am just aware of the pain in my nail most of the time. I am ashamed to say that this is not the first time I have picked off extensions but yet I have never had this problem and can possibly only put it down to too much work being done on my hands because I had nobody to practice on :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I'm completely at the end of my tether with everything :(

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396203656.413362.jpg

Lashings of solar oil & nothing on them got a while x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

ive done the same to mine they were tender and sore for a few days after i had religously had nails on i had a couple of days free and couldnt deal with the pain so i stuck acrylic back on and kept infilling and the soreness has completely grown out

What is so great about Solar oil I have heard it mentioned a few times? xx

it encourages the nail to grow and its super nourishing 😊

Where can I purchase it from? xx

Hi, its possible you've over filed the natural nail? Solar oil is amazing stuff,I tell all my clients to use it, and I know who has and who hasn't used it,you could possibly do a convertion over to CND I cannot reccomend it enough,I don't think youve done anything wrong, just need more practice,keep going you'll get there in the end

The problem I have at the moment is that I am stuck down in Weymouth, Dorset and nothing is local to me. I am a mum so I can't just up and leave halfway up the country :( xx

you can get it on ebay 😊

What about the creative academy in Bournemouth? Cnd training and I believe they stock too. Or you could buy from sweet squared and have it delivered.

It looks like over filing of the natural nail bed. I would do as others have suggested and use CND Solar Oil religiously. If you have a manicure and pedicure certificate that is recognised by Sweet Squared (has to be from a trainer they approve of) you can email them over your certificates then set up an account with them, allowing you to buy Solar Oil at trade prices from a reputable CND Supplier (Ellisons, the sub distributers of S2, is the only other place in the UK you can buy CND Products from). Other than that you can buy Solar Oil from a CND Salon near you at retail prices. You can go on the CND Salon Locator to find a salon local to you. I hope this helps xxx

Why don't you just sign up to Sweet Squared (the uk distributors) and order a bottle?

I'm not a fan of Ebay.

IBX Restore and Repair would do them a world of good too. You can buy it from Louella Belle and its' designed to repair and strengthen the natural nail. There's a huge long thread on here about it.

you can get it on ebay 😊

I found a little bottle on eBay to try before committing to a big bottle. I am annoyed as my nails used to be great before I did the course. During it, I had all my nicely grown length (stopped biting last November) filed right off for the acrylics students to practice on and they have never been the same since; thin like paper :(
Hope the oil will help me x

Latest posts

Back